Lobby

Voila, hier is hij dan. De Belgische community kon volgens mij niet langer ontbreken op dit forum. Misschien is het een goed idee dat iedereen zich hier eerst voorstelt, wat hij doet, welke gebieden hij in kaart brengt… ?

Mijn naam is volgens mij vrij duidelijk. Ik zit momenteel in mijn laatste jaar geografie aan de Universiteit Gent (optie geomatica), maar heb al een diploma bio-ir op zak. Ik ben eigenlijk toevallig op OSM gebotst, en het idee sprak mij direct aan. Ik ben begonnen met wat met Potlatch te spelen, bestaande straten te taggen, … Omdat ik mijn gemeente Zele in kaart wou brengen, maar nog geen GPS-toestel had ben ik naar alternatieve manieren gaan kijken. Ik heb contact opgenomen met een bedrijf dat een stratenplan van zele had uitgebracht in pdf-formaat, en heb hen gevraagd in hoeverre digitaliseren op ‘hun’ achtergrond een inbreuk vormt op de copyright-wetgeving. Mijn verwondering was niet groot toen ze positief antwoorden, maar nadat ik heb uitgelegd had waar OSM om draait gaven ze hun fiat voor de kaart te gebruiken, waarvoor dank… Verder heb ik ook nog wat zitten spelen in Rupelmonde (nog maar weinig gebeurd, nochtans geschikte orthofoto’s) en in Argentinië.

Et bien, j’avais un peu perdu de vue ma demande de forum belge, mais comme Mathias est venu l’appuyer …

Hoi all,

Seeing there is already a post in dutch and french, I’ll try English :wink:

As for introducing myself, most mappers will already know me, but because we seem to have a lot of new people:

My name is Peter Leemans, living in Nijlen, working already for some years in informatics, specialized in OpenSource software.
I used to be mapping with a iBlue bt747, which is broken atm, the on/off switch doesn’t work anymore, maybe I can get it repaired.
At the moment I’m using a garmin eTrex Vista with the OSM cards on it. Nice to see which roads are missing while you are mapping.
I can recommend both devices for mapping, depending on your budget.

The places I’m active in are of course Nijlen and surroundings, and everywhere my car brings me.
For work it used to be Leuven, so I mapped a lot of small streets between Heist o/d Berg and Leuven.
And now I’m working in Wervik (jeps, near Kortrijk) where I already mapped a nice part.

I’m also a bit active in 4bikers.be and mountainbike.be trying to convince some mountainbikers to join.
But it takes some time (as usual) to convince people of the advantages of OSM.

Happy mapping!

Peter ‘toi’ Leemans

Hi,

Small message to introduce myself.

I am Luc Van den Troost - Speedy on OSM - from central Antwerpen. Find me on http://www.bb2000.be/stratenzoeker where we run a bed & breakfast and have an implementation of OSM on our website.

I joined the OSM project around newyear 2008 and started with mapping the northern part of the historic center of Antwerpen.

In other parts of town I have been mapping bits and pieces of all districts, but mostly in Linkeroever, Zuid, Noord, Kiel, Hoboken and Deurne.

Driving the motorbike I allso added quite some bigger roads in Antwerpen / Limburg and Oost-Vlaanderen. Waiting for some spring and summer weather now to ‘do’ the roads between Dinant and Bouillon along the French border. Superb for motorbiking there :slight_smile:

For tracking I started with my Garmin Zumo 500 gps, and recently i bought a Qstarz bluetooth gps receiver with logging (200000 points) capability: BT-Q1000P, was only around 100 euro and am quite happy with it. while tracking i might be walking the dog, riding the dirtbike, the motorbike, car or public transport. For editing I either use JOSM or Potlatch, just depending on what I want to do or what I want to start with…

Luc - Speedy

Hallo,

Ik ben Davy Priem en ik map vooral in West-Vlaanderen. Van zodra het terug warmer wordt vlieg ik er terug in. Om te mappen gebruik ik een Nokia N80 (met sportstracker software van nokia) icm een Tomtom GPS en een Iphone (met OSMtrack geïnstalleerd).

Well I’ll continue in english also :slight_smile:

I’m from Lessines (between Ath and Geraardsbergen)
I’ve almost completely mapped my hometown with my Garmin 305 and a pair of runnning shoes …
I’m currently busy linking Lessines and Geraardsbergen.

Hoi,
Ik ben Hans Bergé, wonende te Melkwezer een deelgemeente van Linter. Linter is een gemeente gesitueerd tussen Tienen en Sint-Truiden, in Vlaams-Brabant, vlak aan de Limburgse grens.
Peter ‘Toi’ Leemans heeft mij kunnen overhalen om mee te werken aan het mapping project van OSM. Ik ben er sinds een paar weken dan ook actief mee bezig.
Ik map vooral in de regio Tienen-Diest-Sint-Truiden-Landen; dit was vóór mijn toetreding een nog blanco gebied; ondertussen gelukkig niet meer :slight_smile:
Als mountainbiker streef ik er ook naar de off-road paden in te tekenen en zodra het goeie weer er opnieuw is (wat dat in België ook moge zijn), spring ik op de koersfiets om wat wegritten mee te pikken, ook naar Waals-Brabant en de Ardennen.
Ik maak gebruik van een Garmin MPSmap 60 Csx.

Hans

Hi,

I’m Sam, when in Belgium I’m spending most of my time between Molenstede/Diest and Blauberg/Herselt. I just bought myself a Garmin Edge 705 for road cycling and mountainbiking. I’m quite new to the whole mapping thing, but have some experience with engineering/scientific software and ‘computers’ in general, so as long as I find the time it should work out. I’ve always been a fan of Open and Community based projects/software, so I’ll do my best to contribute to the still less developed eastern flemish-brabant area.

Sam

Hello,

I just want to thank all of you, mappers, for doing a great job of mapping Belgium & the World. I am just getting started with my Christmas present (Garmin Edge) and installed the OSM map of Leuven on it. It appears that this part has already been surveyed intensively. I hope later I can contribute to this project in some manner.

Cheers

Présentation en Français plus bas

Hoi,

Ik ben Jonathan en woon in Ruisbroek. Ik ben een 3-tal weken geleden toevallig op OSM gestuit toen ik op zoek was naar fietsroutes en een GPS om ze erop te laden. Ik ben gestart in mijn buurt met straatnamen & enkele POI’s toe te voegen, en ik zou tegen de zomer de regio Halle en/of Sint-Pieters-Leeuw de straatnamen willen mappen, alsook wat belangrijk is voor fietsers (routes, parkings, fietswinkels).

Bonjour,

Je suis Jonathan et je vis à Ruisbroek. Je suis tombé par hasard sur OSM il y a environ 3 semaines alors que je cherchais des cartes pour vélocyclistes et un GPS pour les charger. J’ai commencé par ajouter des noms de retour et des point d’intérêt autour de chez moi. D’ici cet été, je voudrais mapper les rues Sint-Pieters-Leeuw et/ou Halle et y noter les points importants pour les vélocyclistes (routes, parkings, magasins de vélo).

Hello,
Paul-Hervé located in Dworp. Discovered OSM 12 months ago and since I have been mapping following my bicycle rides thru BE and FR.
Not yet dared to load my garmin with OSM map but hope I will reach this point in 2010.
I would like to find an osm equivalent of showing a .kmz file on google map: call an URL to get a .gpx file shown on top of a osm map. Any advise?

Not an url. Just a windows program GpxToSlippyMap:
http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=5912

Hi folks,

I’m Roeland Perdaens. I live North of Antwerp in Putte-Kapellen, almost on the border with the Netherlands.

Bumped into OSM by accident while scrolling through the geocaching forum. I cache also under the name of RoePer.
As my professional occupation takes me throughout several parts of Europe I was interested in downloading maps to my Garmin.
I used to geocache with a Garmin eTrex LegendC but recently got a a Garmin Dakota20. A beauty …

Every Sunday my wife and I participate in marching events organised by local walking clubs. I track our trips and put them on EveryTrail using the same nickname. Unfortunately I already learned you cannot upload tracks to OSM that you’ve “redrawn manually” …

I will be contributing to North of Antwerp area, Noord-Brabant - just across the border or wherever business trips take me.

Have a good one,

Roeland

hi,

I just started.

What’s your area of interest? Anything we can already assist you with, or things you’re curious to know?

Walking routes in the region of Leuven (Meerdaalwoud and so on). I made the “Schavaaipad” in Bierbeek. I hope i did it right (see user:ivodeb). Is there any copyright-problem if i put official walkingroutes on OSM?

If these routes are signposted on the ground, you are collecting facts and you can add them to OSM. If they’re only published in a non-free way, like a map you have to buy, you cannot use it in OSM.

Thx Ldp. The walking routes are all signposted.

Hi,

just want to mention, I am living in the area of Libramont and startet to update/add regional data. I am pretty much new to this “business” but it’s quite fun and nice to see the updates in the production DB.