You are not logged in.

Announcement

*** NOTICE: forum.openstreetmap.org is being retired. Please request a category for your community in the new ones as soon as possible using this process, which will allow you to propose your community moderators.
Please create new topics on the new site at community.openstreetmap.org. We expect the migration of data will take a few weeks, you can follow its progress here.***

#1 2022-09-27 18:09:08

maro21

Walls with different colors

How to map a building in 3D where the color of the facade is different from, for example, the 5th floor?
That is, for example, floors 0-4: blue, floors 5-8: green. Is the only way is to overlay two [building:part] with different colors, [height]s and [min_height]s?

What about a building where each of the four outer walls is in a different color? Will adding an unclosed line (edge) connecting the two corners of the building render? That was my idea, but I haven't tested whether it would work.

#2 2022-09-28 08:14:30

Tordanik
Website

Re: Walls with different colors

maro21 wrote:

Is the only way is to overlay two [building:part] with different colors, [height]s and [min_height]s?

Yes.

What about a building where each of the four outer walls is in a different color? Will adding an unclosed line (edge) connecting the two corners of the building render? That was my idea, but I haven't tested whether it would work.

OSM2World supports ways tagged building:wall=yes with attributes such as building:colour=*, but that's non-standard and undocumented, so I believe no one else does. For this to work, the wall ways need to share the nodes of the building outline (the corners + any nodes in between, such as entrances).

OSM in 3D: OSM2World

#3 2022-09-28 19:42:55

Cactusbone

Re: Walls with different colors

Yep, this was presented in 2015 in https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtop … 70#p503870, but not supported yet in many renderers

Board footer