How to display context for places

Hi,

As part of our effort to add Bahasa Melayu languages to the 3 Southern border provinces I’m preparing an overpass query to extract out places to put in a CSV file using the following query (link):

[out:csv(::id, ::type, place, name, official_name, "name:th", "name:mfa", "name:mfa-Arab", "name:mfa-Latn", "name:mfa-Thai")];
// fetch area “Pattani” to search in
(
  {{geocodeArea:Pattani}};
  {{geocodeArea:Yala}};
  {{geocodeArea:Narathiwat}};

)->.searchArea;
// gather results
(
  // query part for: “place=*”
  node["place"](area.searchArea);
  way["place"](area.searchArea);
);

// print results
out meta;/*fixed by auto repair*/
>;
out meta qt;/*fixed by auto repair*/

The issue with this is that some village names are not unique and the volunteer translators don’t know what we’re talking about, so I would like to provide some context. One idea is to use the guide in https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/Overpass_API_by_Example#Adding_geocoding_details_to_POIs to add some context, another is to make the node id clickable links to OSM so people can see for themselves. Ideally we may use both methods, however with the geocoding one I’ve faced a problem where the query runs for a very long time and abruptly stops working. Does anyone know how to make it work?

Best Regards
Mishari

Did you specify a timeout to the query? If not, it might be that you had hit that limit.

Other than doing a single run, you could do a loop in which you fist get your cities, in the next loop you simply fetch a map section around that location, potentially even a rendered map-tile.