You are not logged in.

#76 2019-08-31 16:26:53

zstadler
Moderator
Registered: 2012-05-05
Posts: 375
Website

Re: Changesets reverts

Sanniu wrote:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/72336130 marked Ayalon North as motorway once more. Should that be reverted?
Also he forgot to mark all links, but this is another problem...

yrtiniD and I have commented on the changeset. Unless the user responds with a proof of a change in the on-the-ground road signs from blue to red, I would recommend a revert.

Offline

#77 2019-09-01 08:13:30

Sanniu
Member
Registered: 2017-04-19
Posts: 46

Re: Changesets reverts

zstadler wrote:
Sanniu wrote:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/72336130 marked Ayalon North as motorway once more. Should that be reverted?
Also he forgot to mark all links, but this is another problem...

yrtiniD and I have commented on the changeset. Unless the user responds with a proof of a change in the on-the-ground road signs from blue to red, I would recommend a revert.

Should we mention somewhere in wiki the status of that part of Ayalon? And may be add the link to the comments of disputed road segments?
I suppose the change war there mostly because of lack of knowledge of local consensus existsence.

Offline

#78 2019-09-01 13:17:16

yrtimiD
Moderator
From: Israel
Registered: 2010-10-08
Posts: 264

Re: Changesets reverts

We can setup monitoring of any major road changes and notify (for example to telegram channel). Osm really lacks some kind of pull request flow sad

Offline

#79 2019-09-03 20:49:31

yrtimiD
Moderator
From: Israel
Registered: 2010-10-08
Posts: 264

Re: Changesets reverts

zstadler wrote:
Sanniu wrote:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/72336130 marked Ayalon North as motorway once more. Should that be reverted?
Also he forgot to mark all links, but this is another problem...

yrtiniD and I have commented on the changeset. Unless the user responds with a proof of a change in the on-the-ground road signs from blue to red, I would recommend a revert.

Reverted. Changeset 74056483

Offline

#80 2019-12-30 12:33:00

Sanniu
Member
Registered: 2017-04-19
Posts: 46

Re: Changesets reverts

Hi

It seems to me that someone deleted some paths around https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/284972232
My OSM-search foo is bad sad, can anyone look for offending changeset?

Thanks

Offline

#81 2019-12-30 13:00:51

SomeoneElse
Member
Registered: 2010-10-13
Posts: 1,588

Re: Changesets reverts

Potlatch 1 reckons that it was the deletion of this way: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/284971981/history .
(I'll let someone local decide what to do about it!)

Offline

#82 2020-01-01 11:00:37

Sanniu
Member
Registered: 2017-04-19
Posts: 46

Re: Changesets reverts

SomeoneElse wrote:

Potlatch 1 reckons that it was the deletion of this way: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/284971981/history .
(I'll let someone local decide what to do about it!)

Ok, found changeset by valleyofdawn, commented on it. Thanks for the search!

Offline

#83 2020-09-22 14:49:45

zstadler
Moderator
Registered: 2012-05-05
Posts: 375
Website

Re: Changesets reverts

User Vl-Sher created several changesets titled "Translation" that seem to have been made by a non-Hebrew speaker or an automated translation service.
For example, "גבי ימין נמצאים בערוצו של נחל ימין" was translated to "The upper right is on the channel of the right stream"
[For non-Hebrew readers, a proper translation would be "Yemin waterholes are located in Yemin stream"]

In a week's time I'm planning to revert the following changesets:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/75302404
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/75320752
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/75335867

Please post here if you have any objections

Offline

#84 2021-01-10 22:21:39

zstadler
Moderator
Registered: 2012-05-05
Posts: 375
Website

Re: Changesets reverts

way 809467090 was part of a hiking route and was deleted, probably by mistake, in changeset 87707762.

I would like some help reverting the deletion of this way, as my skills are not good enough sad

Offline

#85 2021-01-10 23:24:24

zstadler
Moderator
Registered: 2012-05-05
Posts: 375
Website

Re: Changesets reverts

zstadler wrote:

way 809467090 was part of a hiking route and was deleted, probably by mistake, in changeset 87707762.

I would like some help reverting the deletion of this way, as my skills are not good enough sad

Apparently, the deletion was not done in that changeset. I was able to revert the missing segment .

Thanks yrtimiD for your help!

Offline

#86 2021-01-20 07:45:55

Sanniu
Member
Registered: 2017-04-19
Posts: 46

Re: Changesets reverts

Change https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/96959594 made very strange configuration of HaKalir/Harlap/HaAri junction (Netanya).
The new configuration look bogus. Can anyone local check it?

Offline

#87 2021-01-20 11:45:45

zstadler
Moderator
Registered: 2012-05-05
Posts: 375
Website

Re: Changesets reverts

Sanniu wrote:

Change https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/96959594 made very strange configuration of HaKalir/Harlap/HaAri junction (Netanya).
The new configuration look bogus. Can anyone local check it?

See https://www.openstreetmap.org/user_blocks/4695

Offline

#88 2021-02-21 11:03:22

Sanniu
Member
Registered: 2017-04-19
Posts: 46

Re: Changesets reverts

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/98673899 from -Ab Alwhwah Ziad  added only empty lines over existing road network.
No answer on comment. Should be reverted?

Offline

#89 2021-02-21 12:02:12

zstadler
Moderator
Registered: 2012-05-05
Posts: 375
Website

Re: Changesets reverts

Sanniu wrote:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/98673899 from -Ab Alwhwah Ziad  added only empty lines over existing road network.
No answer on comment. Should be reverted?

For this kind of errors, I would just revert or clean - whatever is easier.
Please let me know if you need any help.

Offline

#90 2021-02-22 10:47:05

Sanniu
Member
Registered: 2017-04-19
Posts: 46

Re: Changesets reverts

zstadler wrote:
Sanniu wrote:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/98673899 from -Ab Alwhwah Ziad  added only empty lines over existing road network.
No answer on comment. Should be reverted?

For this kind of errors, I would just revert or clean - whatever is easier.
Please let me know if you need any help.

Ok, removed added lines manually. Thanks.

Offline

#91 2021-07-11 15:20:44

zstadler
Moderator
Registered: 2012-05-05
Posts: 375
Website

Re: Changesets reverts

Offline

#92 2021-09-07 09:58:47

zstadler
Moderator
Registered: 2012-05-05
Posts: 375
Website

Re: Changesets reverts

zstadler wrote:

Almost two months later, I completed the revert. Reverting these changesets required resolving hundreds of conflicts with later-on edits. Please feel free to fix my mistakes.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/110843893 reverted changeset 97134498
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/110808712 reverted changeset 97218168
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/110802091 reverted changeset 97227964

Offline

#93 2022-03-21 07:19:48

Sanniu
Member
Registered: 2017-04-19
Posts: 46

Re: Changesets reverts

Can someone revert vandal changeset: https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/118621267?

Offline

#94 2022-03-21 14:34:41

yrtimiD
Moderator
From: Israel
Registered: 2010-10-08
Posts: 264

Re: Changesets reverts

Sanniu wrote:

Can someone revert vandal changeset: https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/118621267?

will do, thanks for reporting

UPD: reverted all edits of https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/matanMula and reported him as a vandal.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/118621267
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/118621076
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/118620887

was forced to revert some extra tiny changes to resolve conflicts
Feel free to report him too.
Sanniu, thanks for fast reporting!

Offline

#95 2022-05-03 09:43:50

Sanniu
Member
Registered: 2017-04-19
Posts: 46

Re: Changesets reverts

Seems like the edits of new user https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/eukheua are introducing more errors then fixing - e.g. https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/120480525 with all service roads of 431 made residential. There are too many changes to fix manually, may be better to revert and ask user to send his changes to review?

Offline

#96 2022-05-03 12:12:35

yrtimiD
Moderator
From: Israel
Registered: 2010-10-08
Posts: 264

Re: Changesets reverts

Sanniu wrote:

Seems like the edits of new user https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/eukheua are introducing more errors then fixing - e.g. https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/120480525 with all service roads of 431 made residential. There are too many changes to fix manually, may be better to revert and ask user to send his changes to review?

Hi, thanks for reporting this vandal. I already reverted his vandalism changes once, looks like he is re-activated... will rollback all last commits now.

In general, if you see such behaviour, which is clearly vandalism - please don't hesitate to report this user using dedicated button on a user profile page and also try to revert changes using http://revert.osmz.ru/


Update: reverted 120481707, 120480525, 120479071

Offline

#97 2022-05-03 13:29:17

zstadler
Moderator
Registered: 2012-05-05
Posts: 375
Website

Re: Changesets reverts

yrtimiD wrote:
Sanniu wrote:

Seems like the edits of new user https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/eukheua are introducing more errors then fixing - e.g. https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/120480525 with all service roads of 431 made residential. There are too many changes to fix manually, may be better to revert and ask user to send his changes to review?

Hi, thanks for reporting this vandal. I already reverted his vandalism changes once, looks like he is re-activated... will rollback all last commits now.

In general, if you see such behaviour, which is clearly vandalism - please don't hesitate to report this user using dedicated button on a user profile page and also try to revert changes using http://revert.osmz.ru/


Update: reverted 120481707, 120480525, 120479071

In addition, I suggest sending this information to the "Data Working Group" <data@otrs.openstreetmap.org>. At the end of the day, they are responsible for handling vandalism and they can warn and block users.

Offline

#98 2022-05-30 13:45:17

zstadler
Moderator
Registered: 2012-05-05
Posts: 375
Website

Re: Changesets reverts

Similar imports are present in https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/96559757

Unfortunately, this changeset mixes legit edits with non-existing places and ruins with TBD existence on the ground.

I've started a selective revert.

zstadler wrote:
zstadler wrote:

Almost two months later, I completed the revert. Reverting these changesets required resolving hundreds of conflicts with later-on edits. Please feel free to fix my mistakes.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/110843893 reverted changeset 97134498
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/110808712 reverted changeset 97218168
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/110802091 reverted changeset 97227964

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB