You are not logged in.

Announcement

*** NOTICE: forum.openstreetmap.org is being retired. Please request a category for your community in the new ones as soon as possible using this process, which will allow you to propose your community moderators.
Please create new topics on the new site at community.openstreetmap.org. We expect the migration of data will take a few weeks, you can follow its progress here.***

#1 2019-08-08 16:29:22

koninklijke

Succinct steps to add a Relation in iD-editor

To add a Relation in iD-editor:

1/ while on Openstreetmap.org : pick any way which will form part of the new Relation ;

2/ in the left hand pane, under All Relations pick the ' + ' ; an empty relation box appears ;

3/ start typing (in this example, I'm adding a recently signposted Cycle Route) : 'Cycle Route ' (up to this point, the name of the nearest existing Cycle Route will be suggested) : just continue typing the proposed name of the new Relation ;

4/ a two-line 'table' appears, in de box below the name 'Cycle Route [name of the new Relation]' you'll see 'New Relation' : click that ...

5/ the sidebar content changes, click 'Route Features'  > 'Cycle Route' ;

6/ add any relevant particulars such as : colour=red , distance=*km , name=[name of the new Relation] , route=bicycle , type=route and network='lcn' or 'rcn' - as appropriate and conforming to loval and worldwide OSM conventions ;

7/ click the tickmark in the upper right hand corner of the sidebar / edit box : that's it : Relation created.

In map edit view : pick the next way to add to the relation et voila, automagically the relation name you just created appears as top suggestion : accept and continue.

Any questions? Or a suggestion where to place these steps in for example the wiki or add it to LearnOSM/iD-editor Please let me know.

#2 2022-02-09 02:52:08

Yitzchak M

Re: Succinct steps to add a Relation in iD-editor

Perfect! Your directions were spot on! I was stuck. I asked Professor Google for some help. He led me to you and voila! Thanks!  smile

Board footer