Grab Data Team to map street names

Their next activity is adding street names from KartaView in the Klang Valley, Johor Bahru, Kota Kinabalu and Penang.

I have the suspicion that they get more ‘street names’ from students in those university mapathons… if you know what I mean. ::wink,wink:: :laughing:

… and this got mapped as a street name. Not kidding.

They tried to source the street names from KartaView. Good luck not to overwrite actual ground truth efforts. I’ll definitely say “no, thanks” if they’re thinking to expand their efforts across the state of Kedah.

“Jalan Sehala” … well, there’s a running joke in some countries of Europe where some one from a neighboring country (with different language) cannot find his car again. He had parked it in Oneway Road (or the corresponding local expression).

Crisis averted so far.

I wonder why they don’t bother posting any prior notice at least on any community channel. I don’t have any superpowers (and/or get paid) to poke my nose into their business, etc… you know what I mean.

Now a Maproulette task, possibly inviting more people to try to… uhm… have a guess?

Later edit: I seriously don’t get this task.