Draw a track with an online tool - no routing

Hey.

I am looking for an online tool to draw a track (on desktop computer).

Reason: Routing for water hikers is not practical at the moment.

The details lead to far. Keywords: drivable creeks, transfer points, free waters like lakes

Therefore I would like to improvise and draw a track completely manually.

I don’t want to use local software - also because I want to show others (trip participants) how to do it easily.

Do you know an online tool for OSM maps, which allows to draw tracks without routing?

Thank you.

Deutsch:

Hey.

Ich suche eine Onlinetool zum Zeichnen eines Tracks (am Desktoprechner).

Grund: Routing für Wasserwanderer ist zur Zeit noch nicht praxistauglich.

Die Details führen zu weit. Stichworte: Fahrbare Bäche, Umtragestellen, freie Gewässer wie Seen

Daher möchte ich gerne improvisieren und eine Track komplett manuell zeichnen.

Lokale Software möchte ich nicht verwenden - auch weil ich anderen (Reiseteilnehmern) gerne zeigen möchte, wie’s einfach geht.

Kennt ihr ein Onlinetool für OSM-Karten, welches es erlaubt Tracks zu zeichnen ohne zu routen?

Danke.

Try google for “create gpx route online” or “draw gpx route online”. I found several services but not sure if they will fit your needs.

Thanks for your advice.

Before I posted my question here, I tried some services I found with a google search. Without success.

So I’m hoping someone here is reading along who has already successfully tried a service themselves and can recommend it for the purpose.

“Draw” is obviously very atypical. Many services use it as a synonym for “routes”.

Anybody out there who can recommend a service? : )

I would really like to solve the task.

Thanks

Locus Map (an Android app I’m very happy with) has a companion web planner, but I believe that part is a subscription feature. This example is a loop trip partly routed on trails, and partly un-routed across frozen lakes. Took under a minute to draw and click Share. :slight_smile:
https://web.locusmap.app/en/?planner=M4KwPgbgJgQgHlAdgFwgUQDYgPoAEDucADgMID2AtjAE5gByA1gF4lgAWAkmQL65sCuvBmQDSYZBVwBvAAYAJJjI4BugDJkA6gEMMDAJaIA5gG46AeTppTFq+cvX7dq8qA

Maybe the GPS Visualiser drawing tool is what you are looking for: https://www.gpsvisualizer.com/draw/

It does not have any kind of routing, it simply allows you to draw a track and/or waypoints freehand over a map background (there are a few OSM-based options to choose from). But it sounds like that may be all you require.