You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-17 12:22:31

Fedor Rocketdataio
Member
Registered: 2019-05-27
Posts: 15

Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

Hello there! We are a service that helps business owners to update their companies' business information on the Internet.
DbCL 1.0 license, because a business owner or employee of a published POI put the company data through our software.
Additionally, we validate each point manually on our own.
We are planning here to pre-publish links to future imports.

our website rocketdata.io

documentation https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Rocketdata_import
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/RU:… ketdata.io
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue
our terms https://rocketdata.io/terms_and_conditions
source: local knowledge using rocketdata.io

Uploaded to the forum in total over 100 thousand locations
We have a similar topic on the Russian forum: https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=66372
and Ukrainian https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=68337
And Poland https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=68408
Belarus https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=70022

Offline

#2 2020-07-20 15:12:35

Asumarin
Member
Registered: 2019-06-28
Posts: 126

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

Offline

#3 2020-10-02 09:39:38

Asumarin
Member
Registered: 2019-06-28
Posts: 126

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

Offline

#4 2020-10-13 15:59:18

Asumarin
Member
Registered: 2019-06-28
Posts: 126

Offline

#5 2020-10-16 10:57:21

Tomas Straupis
Member
From: Vilnius
Registered: 2011-03-07
Posts: 17
Website

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

These imports ARE NOT OK. You have not followed improt rules. Local community was NOT contacted. We do not know the source of your edits. You're changing names to YOUR understanding instead of local community understanding. Please STOP.

Offline

#6 2020-10-22 13:29:28

RocketDataa
Member
Registered: 2020-10-16
Posts: 21

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

Tomas Straupis wrote:

These imports ARE NOT OK. You have not followed improt rules. Local community was NOT contacted. We do not know the source of your edits. You're changing names to YOUR understanding instead of local community understanding. Please STOP.

Good afternoon, Tomas. Please tell me how to correctly import these points and I'll fix it.

Offline

#7 2020-10-28 14:20:52

RocketDataa
Member
Registered: 2020-10-16
Posts: 21

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

Good afternoon. I am sending you points for checking before unloading them on cards:

https://osm.rocketdata.io/project/lit1_2710
https://osm.rocketdata.io/project/lit2_2710
https://osm.rocketdata.io/project/lit3_2710

Offline

#8 2020-11-03 14:08:08

llc_datadelivery
Member
Registered: 2020-11-03
Posts: 30

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

Good afternoon!
I would like to present you our new corporate account https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/llc_datadelivery.
We don't have any other accounts, all changes and additions will be carried out through this account. Have a nice day everyone! smile

Offline

#9 2020-11-11 13:17:16

llc_datadelivery
Member
Registered: 2020-11-03
Posts: 30

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

Good afternoon. I am sending you points for checking before unloading them on cards:

https://osm.rocketdata.io/project/lit1_1011 create paulini
https://osm.rocketdata.io/project/lit2_1011 pigu lt, benu

Offline

#10 2020-11-13 08:55:28

Tomas Straupis
Member
From: Vilnius
Registered: 2011-03-07
Posts: 17
Website

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

You missed the idea. It is not me or somebody else who is to check the import. It is YOUR responsibility to check the data before importing it. If you do not have possibility to check - then do not import the data. Simple.

Offline

#11 2020-11-13 15:39:46

llc_datadelivery
Member
Registered: 2020-11-03
Posts: 30

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

Tomas Straupis wrote:

You missed the idea. It is not me or somebody else who is to check the import. It is YOUR responsibility to check the data before importing it. If you do not have possibility to check - then do not import the data. Simple.

Good evening. We are checking the data, but it is important for us to hear Your or someone else's opinion. smile

Offline

#12 2020-11-14 13:51:35

Tomas Straupis
Member
From: Vilnius
Registered: 2011-03-07
Posts: 17
Website

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

llc_datadelivery wrote:

Good evening. We are checking the data, but it is important for us to hear Your or someone else's opinion. smile

You're saying you've checked the data on the ground without coming to Lithuania?

If a new pharmacy point is being captured and you find another one in vicinity (say 20 meters), how do you know if a new pharmacy has opened or the old one was purchased by a different network?

Offline

#13 2020-11-16 07:23:53

llc_datadelivery
Member
Registered: 2020-11-03
Posts: 30

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

Tomas Straupis wrote:
llc_datadelivery wrote:

Good evening. We are checking the data, but it is important for us to hear Your or someone else's opinion. smile

You're saying you've checked the data on the ground without coming to Lithuania?

If a new pharmacy point is being captured and you find another one in vicinity (say 20 meters), how do you know if a new pharmacy has opened or the old one was purchased by a different network?

Good afternoon! We check all information with the client, we also check on the company's website. If we might be missing something, we ask you.

Offline

#14 2020-11-17 07:18:29

Tomas Straupis
Member
From: Vilnius
Registered: 2011-03-07
Posts: 17
Website

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

llc_datadelivery wrote:

Good afternoon! We check all information with the client, we also check on the company's website. If we might be missing something, we ask you.

Without checking information on the ground - neighbouring objects, address etc. - such imports are not useful, they are harmful - they create work for people who actually know situation on the ground. Writing automated import is dead easy, anybody can do that, checking quality of a dataset on the ground is hard.

Offline

#15 2020-11-18 08:45:44

llc_datadelivery
Member
Registered: 2020-11-03
Posts: 30

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

Tomas Straupis wrote:
llc_datadelivery wrote:

Good afternoon! We check all information with the client, we also check on the company's website. If we might be missing something, we ask you.

Without checking information on the ground - neighbouring objects, address etc. - such imports are not useful, they are harmful - they create work for people who actually know situation on the ground. Writing automated import is dead easy, anybody can do that, checking quality of a dataset on the ground is hard.

Therefore, we listen to your opinion and appreciate everything you do.

Offline

#16 2020-11-20 14:37:36

Tomas Straupis
Member
From: Vilnius
Registered: 2011-03-07
Posts: 17
Website

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

Note: this means your imports are not agreed with local community, are not checked, are not useful, are not wanted.

Offline

#17 2020-11-23 08:40:16

llc_datadelivery
Member
Registered: 2020-11-03
Posts: 30

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

Tomas Straupis wrote:

Note: this means your imports are not agreed with local community, are not checked, are not useful, are not wanted.

Good afternoon. Why is it not agreed upon if we import what the Client gives us? He probably knows his points better than anyone.

Offline

#18 2020-11-25 15:23:18

llc_datadelivery
Member
Registered: 2020-11-03
Posts: 30

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

Good day to all! I would like to note the moment, all data that we upload to the OSM card, we transfer data on behalf of the Client. If suddenly you think that they are incorrect, I can provide the personal contacts of the owner of any company. I hope for your discretion.

https://osm.rocketdata.io/project/lit1_2511 paulini
https://osm.rocketdata.io/project/lit2_2511 topsport
https://osm.rocketdata.io/project/lit3_2511 benu, paulini, pigu

Offline

#19 2020-11-27 07:59:55

Tomas Straupis
Member
From: Vilnius
Registered: 2011-03-07
Posts: 17
Website

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

llc_datadelivery wrote:

Good day to all! I would like to note the moment, all data that we upload to the OSM card, we transfer data on behalf of the Client. If suddenly you think that they are incorrect, I can provide the personal contacts of the owner of any company. I hope for your discretion.

If you're not going to do any work - check on the ground, then do nothing. Import is one of the easiest things to do, schoolchildren can do it. Checking on the ground, comparing with surroundings is the hard thing, it is the only thing which gives VALUE. If you do not plan to give value - then do nothing.

I will contact those companies myself and describe your problematic activities to them if you persist on doing useless and harmful automated imports.

Offline

#20 2020-11-27 10:09:38

llc_datadelivery
Member
Registered: 2020-11-03
Posts: 30

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

Tomas Straupis wrote:
llc_datadelivery wrote:

Good day to all! I would like to note the moment, all data that we upload to the OSM card, we transfer data on behalf of the Client. If suddenly you think that they are incorrect, I can provide the personal contacts of the owner of any company. I hope for your discretion.

If you're not going to do any work - check on the ground, then do nothing. Import is one of the easiest things to do, schoolchildren can do it. Checking on the ground, comparing with surroundings is the hard thing, it is the only thing which gives VALUE. If you do not plan to give value - then do nothing.

I will contact those companies myself and describe your problematic activities to them if you persist on doing useless and harmful automated imports.

Good afternoon, Thomas. What are OUR useless imports? The client sends us the exact address with a pin on the location of the point. We check these points on the map and only then import them. To clarify some points, WE post all the information about the import on the forum.
Explain to me what our mistakes are.

Offline

#21 2020-11-27 10:33:57

llc_datadelivery
Member
Registered: 2020-11-03
Posts: 30

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

We follow the osm import guide

our license is DbCL 1.0, (business owner or employee of a published POI put the company data through our software.)

a brief description of the process of the source of obtaining data and their processing https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Rocketdata_import

about us and orginised editing https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Org … ketdata.io https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/RU: … ketdata.io

our company at import list sourses https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue

our terms https://rocketdata.io/terms_and_conditions
source: local knowledge using rocketdata.io

Uploaded to the forum in total over 100 thousand locations
We have a similar topic on the Russian forum: https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=66372
and Ukrainian https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=68337
And Poland https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=68408
Belarus https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=70022

Offline

#22 Yesterday 09:10:35

Tomas Straupis
Member
From: Vilnius
Registered: 2011-03-07
Posts: 17
Website

Re: Importing data from company owners using the Rocketdata.io service

You do NOT have local knowledge, you do NOT do checking on the ground. You're only doing the trivial/undemanding part - importing - and hope that local mappers will do the hard work - clean up after you. I have already wasted too much time cleaning up after you initial imports and I'm still finding more incorrect data. You do not speak Lithuanian, so you're entering crap data into some fields, like „BENU Vaistinė UAB“, WTH is that? You're changing verified website addresses into incorrect ones, you're setting address as per company data, not as actual data on the ground.

Therefore it is NOT OK to proceed with your automated imports. You DO NOT have local community agreement.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB