Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

The map server seems to be down at the moment. I have emailed Lambertus. All we can do is wait.

Update: after re-loading the page the map showed up.

Creating self-selected maps works. I obtained a partial Thailand map this way.

Pre-defined maps don’t work at the moment.

@D_i_m I don’t know where these names come from, but I believe they are generated automatically each time a new map is compiled. Lambertus, the owner of the server, hasn’t posted here for 4 years and doesn’t reply to emails, so the chances of getting this changed are zero.

Just confirming that the predefined maps are broken. This is the error I get:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg() in /var/www/garmin/request-combine.php:202 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/garmin/request-combine.php(36): check_email_address(‘d****@********…’) #1 {main} thrown in /var/www/garmin/request-combine.php on line 202

The ‘Fatal error’ has been resolved, but still no files are generated for the predefined maps.

I’m looking for a map of Denmark and only find the “openfietsmap_lite_tiles” version with 75b omg files or so.
I hope somebody can help me with the following questions:

1. How do I download these files to my garmin Edge 1030?
  2. Do a gmapsupp.zip files exist for Denmark, if yes where can I find that or if no can one of you make one?

Thanks a lot.

sstp: same here. existing openfietsmap_lite_tiles is pretty much useless for Garmins, I had to switch to another map rendering tool.

Dont know why the map generation is broken on Lambertus’ site ,but you can generate a gmapsupp.img from those tiles.zip with Javawa’s Osm combiner tool, see http://www.openfietsmap.nl/tips-tricks/combi_ofm_lite

How i can download gmapsupp.img file? I can only download the osm_generic_new_tiles.zip file of the Netherlands. Regards Roy

If you add another tile to the Netherlands area it might work, with the extra map segment you should be presented with an option to download the gmapsupp.img file. I just tried it and it worked for me.

Hi - I am a long time happy user of http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/ but recently I have problems downloading map files for Denmark in Europe - only one ZIP file is available, and not the .EXE file I usually install for use with Garmin Basecamp and MapInstall. Also, I have to enter e-mail and wait for build, usually there is a latest version always ready for download. So maybe some of the files are not generated correctly?

See the response in the other thread you posted in.

Sometime after April 1st, the rendering of paths has changed in the gmappsup.img files. They are now rendered as transparent/white - and basically invisible unless the path is passing through a coloured area. When I download the Windows installable file and view the maps in MapSource, paths are the usual dark lines.

This is a problem !

@steerage250 have you tried a different download site?

no, I’ve been using this one for years and have always been happy and never had a reason to look elsewhere. I’m hoping something has gone wrong that can be readily fixed and I can keep using it again.

What other sites are there I can get generic OSM maps for Australia from ?

See the FAQ https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=782006#p782006

Thanks for that suggestion ligfietser, but I liked the maps I have been getting because they could be used for car, bicycle and pedestrian navigation. Whereas the Openfietsmap says they can’t be used for car navigation.

Hi.
The garmin.openstreetmap.nl is a superp help for anyone using maps on a garmin device.
When generating custom maps (selecting individual tiles) the generated map always gets family ID 2000.
Would it be possible to add an option (or advanced option) on the webpage for the person requesting the map to add their own family id?
This would then be used when generating the map.
This i believ would greatly help when generating multiple maps (which may overlay a bit) and placing them on the device or SD card.
Instead of the risk of blanking out certain areas maps would be visible.

I’m only a novice on all the tricky bits about Garmin maps, but I do know that by using JaVaWa GMTK, I can easily change the family ID - but that is for files on the computer viewed with MapSource and BaseCamp. (Not sure whether it’s going to help if you’re just getting img files to stick directly on an SD card.)

Hi there. I have tried on a few occasions to receive an email with my manually selected tiles for the past two weeks. I am following the onemanengine instructions to the letter. routeable bicycle etc. This has worked for me in the past. My email address is correct (Hotmail) and I have also tried another email address. I get the webpage opening tell me I’m X in the queue.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Colin

The service does work, have you checked to see if the download email has been diverted to your junk or spam email folder on your PC. Failing that check your Hotmail account online.
Regards Bernard.