After many hours.

After many hours editing my area with details of value, I find someone else has been changing some of the quality of the details.

What’s the point when someone undoes all your hard work and contribution to the map.

This question is so sparse in details it can’t be answered definitely.

You may be wrong, and in that case keep in mind while good practice demands other mappers to keep history of objects you created instead of deleting and re-making them - you don’t “own” data you add to OSM (In community sense, not legal - legally you retain copyright to contributions. But everyone can improve on it and if they do everything properly you can’t complain).

You may be right, and in that case comment on the relevant changesets of the user. If no response, mail Data working group, that will lock them out of editing until they read a message.

In any case, please elaborate further in concrete details what you feel is wrong. Is it something like “I made a detailed building with 50 nodes and they simplified it to 20”?

Following on from what RicoElectrico said - we’d need to know a few more details about what changes where actually made. If I take a guess that your OSM username is the same as your forum username, then I can see that a couple of people have editing things that you originally added, but I haven’t seen anything that could be described as “changing some of the quality of the details”. If you think there’s a problem then I’d agree with RicoElectrico - find the changeset that altered something that you added, and comment there.

For example, here’s a change that I made - https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/77901340 . In that I can see that I changed the A617 road (look at the bottom left). If I click on that it takes me to https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/388671092 , and at the top of that screen you can see “Edited 4 days ago by SK53 Version #9 · Changeset #77901433”. Here “SK53” is the user who edited it after me and 77901433 is the changeset number in which they did that. If I want to leave them a message I can click on that, which takes me to https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/77901433 , scroll down a bit, type into the “discussion” field and click “comment”.

You could ask what the problem was with the way that you originally mapped something and why it was changed, or you could ask why something was removed.

Hi guys thanks for your comments. If you have access to my details of changes to the map you would clearly understand my problems with the maps management system. If I input real data of facts, I don’t expect some idiot to come along and change it to totally irrelevant information thereby deleting factual information about an area. It applies to all map management of “whatever town”.
I don’t expect ridicule from people who do not understand perfect English.
Therefore as with all other forums. You may delete my comments if you wish and close my account. Respect is everything in life. Ridicule, just shows complete ignorance and therefore the ignorant party will be ignored permanently. So go ahead and enjoy your life, though you may not find it rewarding.

History of objects is public in OSM, but it can be tricky if one doesn’t know what to look at. So please tell what you believe was edited wrongly.

I caught one thing, though: Is it maybe related to this vandal being blocked? Their changes were reverted, if it’s this user. https://www.openstreetmap.org/user_blocks/3323

That person was adding “natural-peak” where it didn’t belong (including under water, according to one of the comments on their most recent changeset). Given the area that we’re talking about here, I doubt that it was a factor.

Let’s take these one at a time:

If you have access to my details of changes to the map you would clearly understand my problems with the maps management system

I had a look, and it wasn’t obvious to me. It’s possible (due to the way that forum usernames sometimes do and sometimes don’t match OSM usernames) that I might be looking at the wrong user altogether.

If I input real data of facts, I don’t expect some idiot to come along and change it to totally irrelevant information thereby deleting factual information about an area. It applies to all map management of “whatever town”. I don’t expect ridicule from people who do not understand perfect English.

Sometimes it helps to take a step back and calm down a bit before commenting. In this case, we still don’t know exactly which edits you are finding a problem or why. All we now know in addition is that you’re calling the person making them an idiot, which frankly isn’t helping.

I don’t expect ridicule from people who do not understand perfect English.

We have a lot of people in OSM who aren’t fluent in all of the languages that are spoken in areas where they may be mapping. Perfect English (or perfect any language) certainly isn’t a requirement for mapping. Being civil (and not ridiculing people) however is important to help us to all work together.

If you see a problem, as RicoElectrico said earlier, you can email OSM’s Data working group (email via data@osmfoundation.org). I’d suggest that you do that so that the problem can be investigated properly. RicoElectrico and I have both tried to offer what could be called “generic help” here, but it clearly hasn’t led to a solution to the problem.

I noticed this building (and its neighbour). They both now have the name “Empty”. That seems a strange name. Perhaps you should use shop=vacant instead?