Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

Last edit is 3 years ago, so an issue in the actual data does not seem likely. I dont know what the bounds file has to do with the rendering of the place node?

How do you know that this is about a place node?

Well, you are probably right, the node with label TORTOL? is shown at https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/72990751
Strange…

Maybe it is caused by the transliteration that Lambertus does while processing his maps:
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=5554

Sure, if that is still active it could be the reason.

I’ve ssen this thread before posting my question, but I thought it’s 10 years old, so it should be fixed. Well, who knows.

City Navigator shows the correct name: Tortolì

At least 300 seconds have to pass between posts. Please wait 231 seconds and try posting again.

REALLY? :roll_eyes:

Well, Lambertus the maintainer of the maps seems not very active anymore with development of the maps nor watching this forum so don’t expect too much. We should be glad he still is updating them anyway.

Is there a way to submit a Tile List directly to the site in order to generate a compiled map build?

Cheers,

No, that is not built in.

Hi!

Who are responsible for boundaries definition for pre generated maps available from drop list? I not agree with such parts that not directly connected to the Ukraine state border: RU-Orel, RU-Kursk, RO-Satu Mare, PL-Zamosc.

I agree that in custom selection any part of the map can be chosen for render, but for presets or pre generated map it’s not appropriate.

The map server seems to be down at the moment. I have emailed Lambertus. All we can do is wait.

Update: after re-loading the page the map showed up.

Creating self-selected maps works. I obtained a partial Thailand map this way.

Pre-defined maps don’t work at the moment.

@D_i_m I don’t know where these names come from, but I believe they are generated automatically each time a new map is compiled. Lambertus, the owner of the server, hasn’t posted here for 4 years and doesn’t reply to emails, so the chances of getting this changed are zero.

Just confirming that the predefined maps are broken. This is the error I get:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg() in /var/www/garmin/request-combine.php:202 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/garmin/request-combine.php(36): check_email_address(‘d****@********…’) #1 {main} thrown in /var/www/garmin/request-combine.php on line 202

The ‘Fatal error’ has been resolved, but still no files are generated for the predefined maps.

I’m looking for a map of Denmark and only find the “openfietsmap_lite_tiles” version with 75b omg files or so.
I hope somebody can help me with the following questions:

1. How do I download these files to my garmin Edge 1030?
  2. Do a gmapsupp.zip files exist for Denmark, if yes where can I find that or if no can one of you make one?

Thanks a lot.

sstp: same here. existing openfietsmap_lite_tiles is pretty much useless for Garmins, I had to switch to another map rendering tool.

Dont know why the map generation is broken on Lambertus’ site ,but you can generate a gmapsupp.img from those tiles.zip with Javawa’s Osm combiner tool, see http://www.openfietsmap.nl/tips-tricks/combi_ofm_lite

How i can download gmapsupp.img file? I can only download the osm_generic_new_tiles.zip file of the Netherlands. Regards Roy

If you add another tile to the Netherlands area it might work, with the extra map segment you should be presented with an option to download the gmapsupp.img file. I just tried it and it worked for me.