Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

@Gerd https://extract.bbbike.org/ supports UTF-8 unicode, dont know if that helps?

Noticed that on my Openfietsmap Tortolì is rendered fine (I use latin-1, code-page: 1252 characterset to compile my maps).
Any idea what could be the cause Gerd? As far as I know Lambertus also use this codepage.

Maybe he doesn’t use those option for the generic new style maps?

As far as I know he did use this but maybe his settings are messed up lately. I can’t contact him though, he never responds so better use another map provider.

I’ve just downloaded the map tile and analysed it with display tool. It contains two different spellings: TORTOL? and TORTOLÌ
I see two possible reasons: Either the used bounds file contains a wrong spelling or the actual OSM data contains it.

Last edit is 3 years ago, so an issue in the actual data does not seem likely. I dont know what the bounds file has to do with the rendering of the place node?

How do you know that this is about a place node?

Well, you are probably right, the node with label TORTOL? is shown at https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/72990751
Strange…

Maybe it is caused by the transliteration that Lambertus does while processing his maps:
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=5554

Sure, if that is still active it could be the reason.

I’ve ssen this thread before posting my question, but I thought it’s 10 years old, so it should be fixed. Well, who knows.

City Navigator shows the correct name: Tortolì

At least 300 seconds have to pass between posts. Please wait 231 seconds and try posting again.

REALLY? :roll_eyes:

Well, Lambertus the maintainer of the maps seems not very active anymore with development of the maps nor watching this forum so don’t expect too much. We should be glad he still is updating them anyway.

Is there a way to submit a Tile List directly to the site in order to generate a compiled map build?

Cheers,

No, that is not built in.

Hi!

Who are responsible for boundaries definition for pre generated maps available from drop list? I not agree with such parts that not directly connected to the Ukraine state border: RU-Orel, RU-Kursk, RO-Satu Mare, PL-Zamosc.

I agree that in custom selection any part of the map can be chosen for render, but for presets or pre generated map it’s not appropriate.

The map server seems to be down at the moment. I have emailed Lambertus. All we can do is wait.

Update: after re-loading the page the map showed up.

Creating self-selected maps works. I obtained a partial Thailand map this way.

Pre-defined maps don’t work at the moment.

@D_i_m I don’t know where these names come from, but I believe they are generated automatically each time a new map is compiled. Lambertus, the owner of the server, hasn’t posted here for 4 years and doesn’t reply to emails, so the chances of getting this changed are zero.

Just confirming that the predefined maps are broken. This is the error I get:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg() in /var/www/garmin/request-combine.php:202 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/garmin/request-combine.php(36): check_email_address(‘d****@********…’) #1 {main} thrown in /var/www/garmin/request-combine.php on line 202

The ‘Fatal error’ has been resolved, but still no files are generated for the predefined maps.