You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-13 22:30:26

andrewwiseman

Road network improvements in Montenegro

Hello, my name is Andrew, I work for Apple on the Maps team. My team is interested in doing some work on the road network in Montenegro on OpenStreetMap, things like adding missing roads, making sure roads connect properly, fixing incorrect alignments, ensuring road classifications are consistent, and other similar issues. We may also do some improvements to other data such as coastlines, water, and others if we find issues, but the main focus to start is roads.

Are there places you know of that need improvement or types of problems you see frequently? Also I saw these guidelines, are they the most recent road classification guidelines used by the community, or are there any others we should be aware of? https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wik … Montenegro

We have a Github page here about the project: https://github.com/osmlab/appledata/issues/149

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback.

Thank you,

Andrew
Apple, Inc.

#2 2019-08-14 16:27:09

dkiselev

Re: Road network improvements in Montenegro

Great that you'r working on that systematically. I've been working on Montenegro map for somewhile but moved quite a time ago.

Highways network was in quite good shape, with some common mistakes like wrong status or not connected ways, or somebody rename residential streets to local business names.

Another big thing is that there are two alphabets in use, cyrilyc and latin, and I can't say what approach for naming would be best.

mail: dkiselev@osm.me      skype: dmitry.v.kiselev
Open Street Maps are supreme! Exterminate all map forms! Exterminate! Exterminate!

#3 2019-08-15 21:45:26

andrewwiseman

Thank you, that's good to know. Are the highway classification guidelines used in Montenegro the same as the general OSM guidelines?

#4 2019-08-26 03:40:22

dkiselev

Pretty much yes

mail: dkiselev@osm.me      skype: dmitry.v.kiselev
Open Street Maps are supreme! Exterminate all map forms! Exterminate! Exterminate!

Board footer