Garmin Basecamp and OSM map issues .

In Garmin Basecamp 426 version and 427 when I look at gates and cattle grids on public roadways I get a pop up tag that says it’s a " Bollard " not a gate or a grid . This somehow stops a route from going over that feature and reroutes all over the place around it . It only routes across it when the road is a dead end .
It will even force the route through a set avoidance area to get around the feature .
When I go into OSM editor it seems to describe one of these features as Barrier , gate , but no mention of a Bollard . Trying to figure out if the problem is in OSM or Garmin Basecamp . Has anyone else encountered this ?
I have reinstalled a new version of Basecamp , gone back to an older version , installed the latest OSM generic routable map and tried it in two other computers and it’s the same situation .
Could Gamin Basecamp be interpreting the barrier tag as a blocked road and throws up the pop up sign , "Bollard "
I’m grabbing at straws here . Can anyone help please .

Can you give the exact osm link of this feature please?

BTW I have checked it in the default style, https://github.com/openstreetmap/mkgmap/blob/master/resources/styles/default/points
The answer is yes, barriers like bollards and gates act the same (blocks routing for cars). Garmin renders it with the same icon, probably called “bollard”.

Cattle grids are not included however. Are you sure there isn’t a gate too?

Thanks for the replies . Yes I am sure many that I have seen are just cattle grids on public roads but in Basecamp say Bollards .
A few that I saw were gates and had blocked access so I marked them as resolved .
They don’t cause a problem on a dead end road . But if there is another way around the route will not cross the grid or whatever it is .
What do you mean by an "OSM " link I don’t understand ?

https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=18/-30.75793/149.96326

Thanks for the reply . I hope this is what you want . This is Kanangra lane NSW and it’s a public road but the cattle grid / bollard feature blocks routing along this road in Basecamp and MapSource . There is many of these things on the map most in areas not used much but it is blocking routing which could block public access . There is many gates across access points to public land which give the impression it’s private property when it’s not , this angers me . Fences and gates across rights of way , reserves , commons and stock routes that should be public access and sign posted as such . Hundreds of thousands of acres ( possible Millions ) of land in Australia is illegally blocked off to the public . If it’s a public road then no gate stops public access and the map should route right through it . I have even cut a few locks off in my time on illegal gates .
I would love to form an association working group to stop this criminal behavior . Local rural councils have to be forced to act on such matters because they are all run by the local land owners .

No, that will not help, it is not a cattle grid but a gate, see https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6210461332
It will block routing because there are no other tags on it. The map assumes it is closed for motor vehicles because it is a gate.
This is not an error in Basecamp but an error on Openstreetmap and it should be fixed in the map data.

Ok that’s great work . I will attempt to rectify the tags on such gates ( I sort of understand the tag system now ) as I find them but I am new to this and not real savvy but learning quickly .
Whats the best way to fix it ? Should I remove the gate tag or just add extra access tag ?

Don’t remove it, unless you know it does not exist there.
Just add the appropriate tags. Like access=yes (if it is open for every kind of traffic) see https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access#Access_tag_values

OK got it . I have checked with a local council and got conformation on some roads being public access .
Waiting on other councils to respond . I have struck one other problem. A Bollard / gate showing in Basecamp , latest map version but it does not show up in the editor map ? It’s blocking routing but I can’t see it to adjust the tags ?

Can you be more specific in your question please, I don’t understand what you mean. Exact Location of the feature?

I have just logged on again and I can see it now so no issue .