Proposed moderator for Greece forum

Does anyone understands the meaning of this? What web editor has to do with Greek Wiki? and what he means with the word “naming”?

Μερικά παραδείγματα για τα οποία δεν λέω πως είναι επακριβώς ορθά, αλλά κάποιος πρέπει να κάνει την αρχή:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Item:Q5041
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Item:Q4882
Όποια συνεισφορά για διόρθωση - συμπλήρωση είναι πάντα ευπρόσδεκτη.

First of all: Greek OpenStreetMap is in English.
Second: When I say naming, I mean that gives instructions how to name a road and not how to make on map basic structures.

My idea is to give instructions on how to make basic structures on map (tolls, junctions, gas stations, ports etv) and not by personal preference.
This could be as well in Greek Wiki, but in Greek Forum will be more interactive.
A special thread in forum that I would keep in order by being moderator ONLY for this thread, I dont want to control the rest of the FORUM.

The rest of this conversation has been moved here.

It seems, that after all, the presence of a moderator has become a necessity. I had never thought that a moderator would be necessary in this community, but apparently it does.
So i strongly recommend to our community to vote for a moderator.

I think that 3 votes are enough to elect a moderator (for the size of our community).
Of course kocio will make the final decision.

You can vote here, and you can vote any member of this forum except your self.

My vote is:
JayCBR

I just wanted to let you know that I’m aware of this discussion. Please vote in a clear way, because I can only translate to understand and apply final decision, the discussion is hard to follow for me.

My vote is:
JayCBR

I oppose the nomination of JayCBR for now, because I feel that he may divide the community further. I have provided plenty of evidence of his questionable edits.

I do want to reach an agreement over the uncertainties of the road network, but I cannot be sure that JayCBR will not abuse his power to silence anyone who disagrees with him, especially with regards to how he handled the Macedonian naming dispute (source).

However, I do recognise that I do have to be a bit more liberal with what the community wants, even though I already know when to step back in order to avoid any disagreements from escalating.

macedonian naming dispute?are you kidding me?i think you only try to find excuses to confront me

anyway the forum needs to be managed a little better because right now is a mess, who ever is the moderator

nothing much, just keep the discussion civilized, no more off-topics and not having new posts about pre-existing subjects

we could also vote on how to do things

the big problem is attendance and as it stands nobody would be moderator since ika-chan and george_are never going to vote for me

Please just VOTE. This thread is not the place for confrontations. Please respect the voting process.
All irrelevant comments should be deleted.

Why do we need 3 votes? The one with the most votes should become moderator.

I am happy to set aside our differences and vote for JayCBR and nikospag, since we can have more than one moderator.

Great!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: That was a very, very clever move. Excellent!!!
I didn’t even thought of that!!

Since we can give 2 votes I would like to change my vote from JayCBR to JayCBR and nikospag

Brazil has three mods, but of course I never nominated myself since on NationStates, it is the actions that mattered, but I’ll leave you to decide on the third one (and a possible tie-breaker).

hariskar and nikospag

I suggest to wait for bigger participation before making a decision.
I am in touch with some more active (on mapping) members so that they will take part in forum.
Be patient.

I would suggest we take into account only votes from known members in Greek forum…

All this conversation reminds me the way that in primary school we were making elections.
We must follow a procedure.
1st: Who wants to be a moderator.
2nd: There should be a participation above of 4 members. There are users that watch the forum but they dont post on it. Let’s make them active. We should not act like a clique.
So, be patient.