Kaarten voor de Garmin 4NSF

Hallo, ik ben nieuw voor dit forum dus zal ik mij eerst even netjes voorstellen.
Mijn naam is Henk. Ik kom oorspronkelijk uit Nederland en woon nu zo’n 10 jaar op Kreta.

Nu mijn vraag;
Bij de aanschaf van mijn Skoda kwam ook de Garmin 4NSF.
De kaarten hierin zijn verouderd en die wil ik graag updaten via de OpenStreetMap data.

Ik heb in mijn Garmin gekeken en daar staan in de folder;NAVIGON/map alle landen van Europa als losse files met de extentie .map
Wel verouderd wat ze zijn van 2013. In de beschrijvingen en filmpjes op het Internet vind ik alleen maar .img files.

Graag zou ik willen weten; kan ik het .img file in de folder plaatsen en leest mijn Garmin ook dit file, of moet ik echt de losse .map files hebben? Indien ik de losse files nodig heb, hoe kom ik aan deze losse .map files.

Alvast bedankt voor de hulp.

Henk

The English translation.

Hello, I am new to this forum so I will first introduce myself nicely.
My name is Henk. I am originally from the Netherlands and I live in Crete for about 10 years now.

Now my question;
When purchasing my Skoda it came with the Garmin 4NSF.
The maps are outdated and I would like to update them using the OpenStreetMap data.

I have looked in my Garmin and the files are in the folder: NAVIGON / map all countries of Europe as separate files with the extension .map
They are outdated since they are from 2013. In the descriptions and videos on the Internet I only find .img files.

I would like to know; can I put the .img file in the folder and does my Garmin read this file, or do I really need the separate .map files? If I need the separate files, how do I get these separate .map files.

Thanks for the help.

I’m afraid you can’t, those img files are not compatible for Navigon. I think you have to buy it from Navigon.

Thanks for your answer.
I will consider buy the updates from Navigon.

Rgds,
Henk