OpenStreetMap Forum

The Free Wiki World Map

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-01-20 10:42:33

LuxuryCoop

Re: Interessante Nachricht per OSM-PN: “Hello from Korea”

I'm South Korean, and working on translating WeeklyOSM into Korean (as derFred mentioned)

Considering Korean messege, I think English messege is translation from Korean one.

"구글 이나 마이크로소프트 등 정보 1세계 기업들" - Companies on First World contries such as Google or Microsoft)
"리눅스나 안드로이드 OS를 개조해서 쓰고 암호화폐 시장에 뛰어드는 등 친 오픈소스 적 환경임을" - North Korea is open source-friendly, because of remodeled Linux, remodeled Android OS, participation in encrypted currency, etc.
"오픈스트리트맵을 사용해 자신들의 지리정보 체계를 확충 한다는 다소 엉뚱하지만 가능한 시나리오도 상상해 보고 있습니다." - it can be imagined that North Korea tries to build its geospatial data through OpenStreetMap, although it may be outrageous. (Because North Korea can't rely on Google Maps, etc.)

Above sentences don't exist in English messege, but exist in Korean one.

Moreover, there is difference between North-South Korean language. (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North–S … n_language) the messege seems to be used South Korean language. (I didn't feel awkward when reading it)

I think that Wonyoung think the detail map can't be made without import. But actually it can be made with only enthusiastic mappers.

Anyway, "Wonyoung" is usually used as Female's name.

#27 2019-01-20 12:42:18

JWi

lorissa wrote:

Ich würd' jetzt gerne wissen wie man Atomraketen-Standorte mappt, weil da hät ich sehr großes Interesse in area:nordkorea.

Kein Problem. Da gibt es zum Beispiel laut einem Bericht von CNN eine neue Raketenbasis: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/12/poli … index.html

In OSM ist dort noch nicht viel eingezeichnet: https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/38.5798/126.1139

Es gibt in JOSM recht gute Hintergrundbilder für Nordkorea, das reicht um eine detaillierte Karte von dem Gelände zu erstellen...

#28 2019-01-20 16:37:08

Chrysopras

@LuxuryCoop:

Thank you very much for your important hints! Of course, the sentences from the Korean text which you have translated and which are missing from the English version of the message make the whole message a bit more complete and meaningful.

#29 2019-01-20 23:03:42

derFred

derFred wrote:

hallo - weeklyOSM hat eine Ausgabe in koreanisch ... http://www.weeklyosm.eu/ko/

Ich habe den Kollegen aus Korea auf die Sache aufmerksam gemacht - mal sehen, was er berichten wird.

Ich gebe die Antwort einfach weiter ...

I'm South Korean, and working on translating WeeklyOSM into Korean (as derFred mentioned)

Considering Korean messege, I think English messege is translation from Korean one.

"구글 이나 마이크로소프트 등 정보 1세계 기업들" - Companies on First World contries such as Google or Microsoft)
"리눅스나 안드로이드 OS를 개조해서 쓰고 암호화폐 시장에 뛰어드는 등 친 오픈소스 적 환경임을" - North Korea is open source-friendly, because of remodeled Linux, remodeled Android OS, participation in encrypted currency, etc.
"오픈스트리트맵을 사용해 자신들의 지리정보 체계를 확충 한다는 다소 엉뚱하지만 가능한 시나리오도 상상해 보고 있습니다." - it can be imagined that North Korea tries to build its geospatial data through OpenStreetMap, although it may be outrageous. (Because North Korea can't rely on Google Maps, etc.)

Above sentences don't exist in English messege, but exist in Korean one.

Moreover, there is difference between North-South Korean language. (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North–S … n_language) the messege seems to be used South Korean language. (I didn't feel awkward when reading it)

I think that Wonyoung think the detail map can't be made without import. But actually it can be made with only enthusiastic mappers.

Anyway, "Wonyoung" is usually used as Female's name.

#30 2019-01-20 23:48:28

wambacher
Website

derFred wrote:

https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtop … 36#p734836

Gruss
walter

#31 2019-01-21 00:33:07

derFred

wambacher wrote:
derFred wrote:

https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtop … 36#p734836

Gruss
walter

Upps, sorry

#32 2019-04-15 09:54:41

glglgl

Gestern bekam ich eine Antwort:

bizarre07 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for responding my questions. In case you don’t remember who I am, My name is Wonyoung So and I am a first-year master student who is studying maps and crowdsourcing data. I’m studying the open mapping culture around the Korean Peninsula.

I am sending this message because, I would like to use your responses as part of my research!

About the project Based on your response, I am aiming to turn the pure curiosity about the contributors of North Korea into a study. The focus of the project will be to discuss the collaborative mapping strategies used by open-source mapping contributors, using North Korea as a case study. Using the data from OpenStreetMap (OSM), I aim to ask the questions of who is mapping North Korea, which tools and methods the contributors use to have access and represent these cities, and which are the motivations behind such mapping endeavor. In order to do this, we will analyze the technical aspects of OSM in North Korea, and analyze the structured correspondence I have exchanged with 889 contributors.

How your response will be used Your response will be used in a research paper, and one data visualization output. Your screen name will be anonymized (such as P1, P2, …), and the text may be excerpted from your original response.

You can decline However, your participation is voluntary, and you may decline further participation at any time.

Confidentiality and anonymity Confidentiality and anonymity are assured and disclosure of your responses outside the research will only be published as an anonymized ID (P1, P2, …).

Please respond using the message system if you consent for your response to be used, or please send an email to me (mail@wonyoung.so) if you have any questions or concerns. I am open to any concerns, and sincerely care about your safety. I hope to spread the message of the power of open mapping via this research.

Thank you very much!

Warmly, Wonyoung

Nun ja. Da ich mich kaum daran erinnern kann, dort überhaupt was gemacht zu haben (vermutlich mal eine Grenzrelation repariert oder so), lasse ich das jetzt mal so stehen.

glglgl

Board footer