Time-related tagging questions

1. See also discussion at https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/65552654 , there is an area that is designated as a public transportation terminal during daytime while the very same area can be used as parking for those vehicle during the night. (At least according to the law and signs). How to tag both of them in the same area, or should it be done in a way as said in the discussion, as in just create two different area for the same place?
  2. For opening hours, like the parking area I mentioned in (1), how to conveniently use the opening_hour tag to express an opening time that crosses midnight? Can I simply say 21:00-31:00 for 9 pm to next morning 7am? I guess that would cause some problem in area that use DST but how about in area that don’t and is there any alternative? And can such way of describing time beyond 24 hours be used if the shop actually say something like until 27:00 in their official schedule?
  3. For shops, I am aware of some shop positions available for rent that are usually selling different kind of things by different people, however there’s no fixed operator and each operators might only operate the location and sell their own different kind of things for like a few days or maybe one of two weeks depends on each individual operator. How can such dynamically rented shops be described in OSM? It cannot really use shop=* to describe what they are selling since each operators might sell different things, and there are also periods that it would be vacant when waiting for next operator to rent the site. How should the place be described?

It isn’t clear what type of area this is. Is it a big open paved area? A photo would help greatly. More information about the signs would help too.

I think you’re overthinking it. If something is open from 9pm to 7am the next day, just use 21:00-07:00. I think any time greater than 24:00 in an opening_hours tag would be considered an error.

Unless someone can come up with something better, I would just use shop=yes, along with a description or note tag describing the object in more detail so others can understand why it’s tagged that way.

See it in Google Street View: https://www.google.com/maps/@22.2615136,114.2342952,3a,44.9y,171.41h,85.72t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1s7Vi0InhPGlIA7vlOQHtRdQ!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3D7Vi0InhPGlIA7vlOQHtRdQ%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D205.8119%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100
The Yellow-white marked area on the ground there.
The sign there with a red minibus logo indicate it is a red minibus stop, and then it specify the time and also write that “[Parking logo with minibus symbol] at other times”.

I see.