Garmin Montana 650 not showing downloaded map of Bali

Shifted this from another forum as I was told this was most appropriate for the questions.

Hi again.
I have a Garmin Montana 680 now, having replaced my 76CsX. I have 3 maps seemingly available to me when I go to Setup>Select Map. These are Worldwide DEM Basemap, TOPO Australia & New Zealand and Digital Globe. All have “Enabled” alongside.

I wanted more detail on Bali so I requested a Bali map by selecting Indonesis from the server. Got it OK and extracted it.

Placed it in my Garmin directory on the unit and nothing showed.

I had no SD card in the unit as I was told to not use one for geocaches so I waited until I returned home to WA and put a fresh SD card in the unit’s slot. I had created a directory Garmin and put the unzipped file into that directory.

Still didn’t show up.

Noticed that the file was called gpsmapsupp and surmised that the unit would perhaps be looking for a file with “.img” as a suffix to I renamed the file.

Still no change. Map does not show up on the unit and there is no more detail on Bali than there was on the worldwide default map.
Can anyone point me at what I am not doing correctly?
thank you
Hoges

You can check your device with Javawa Device Manager and post the results here.
BTW The SD card should be formatted as FAT32, maybe that can be the problem too (microSD cards nowadays often come formatted as exFAT which is not a readable format for the Garmin). Also other maps should be disabled except for the Worldwide DEM Basemap.

Card is FAT32 (I formatted before adding map to it)
Disabled two maps, left Worldwide enabled.
Downloaded JaVaWa. Installed, then scanned my Montana.
I don’t know how to get the results from there to here? Copy/Paste is not active and I can’t see an export type button.
The results for the SD card say no map on it, even though I placed the gpsmapsupp on it directly. Don’t know why. Anyway, have re-requested the Bali tiles and will place on the card again just in case there was something wrong with the previous map.

OK, so now it shows up? I have NO clue as to what is different this time to what was different last time but Bali is now showing completely.

Nevertheless, I would like to know, still, how to get the Javawa results onto this page for future reference.

Thanks
Hoges

It could be because you do not have file extensions showing on your pc and the action above changed your file from gpsmapsupp.img to gpsmapsupp.img.img
I think the files as downloaded are correctly named. On your Garmin Montana 680 you can rename it if you wish if you keep the .img after the new name.

Javawa report function is in the menu “Extra”. You can choose to put it online on his website so we can check the contents of your disk and see what went wrong.