OpenStreetMap Forum

The Free Wiki World Map

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-08-16 07:23:11

kreuzschnabel

Re: What's the best way to get Notes fixed?

markzawi wrote:

I must have misunderstood the "straight-only" restriction option

Maybe you just got it wrong. The relations I deleted were of the "no_straight_on" type, so they forbade any traffic to flow in the from–via–to direction. And in case of a oneway ramp joining, we don’t map only_straight_on TRs for the oncoming traffic, even if there should be a sign saying so. The oneway tagging is fully sufficient to prevent routing software from turning into a oneway in the wrong direction.

I do recommend to use the standalone JOSM editor for this kind of work, instead of the browser-based iD. JOSM shows any TRs set by small icons next to the via role, and gives full overview which ways are in the from, via and to roles, so you can re-check your own work easily:

turnrestrictions.png

--ks

Avatar-Bild von Elaine R. Wilson, www.naturespicsonline.com, CC-BY-SA 3.0
Mitmachen? Klar! Mein OSM-Tutorial auf Deutsch

#27 2018-08-16 17:55:45

markzawi

kreuzschnabel wrote:
markzawi wrote:

I must have misunderstood the "straight-only" restriction option

Maybe you just got it wrong. The relations I deleted were of the "no_straight_on" type, so they forbade any traffic to flow in the from–via–to direction. And in case of a oneway ramp joining, we don’t map only_straight_on TRs for the oncoming traffic, even if there should be a sign saying so. The oneway tagging is fully sufficient to prevent routing software from turning into a oneway in the wrong direction.

I do recommend to use the standalone JOSM editor for this kind of work, instead of the browser-based iD. JOSM shows any TRs set by small icons next to the via role, and gives full overview which ways are in the from, via and to roles, so you can re-check your own work easily:

turnrestrictions.png

--ks

I have looked into JOSM editor and am currently practicing before I upload any "real edits".  Thank you for the feedback, it's much appreciated!

-Mark

#28 2018-08-16 18:27:19

kreuzschnabel

markzawi wrote:

I have looked into JOSM editor and am currently practicing before I upload any "real edits".  Thank you for the feedback, it's much appreciated!

Good choice! In this case, I warmly recommend to activate the "turnrestrictions" plug-in. Open the plug-in within the side panel. Then, you just have to select both the "to" and "from" ways in the main editor window, click "New" in the panel and pick the relation type.

--ks

Avatar-Bild von Elaine R. Wilson, www.naturespicsonline.com, CC-BY-SA 3.0
Mitmachen? Klar! Mein OSM-Tutorial auf Deutsch

Board footer