Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

Looks like something is broken. The only one who can fix this is Lambertus but he has not been on this forum for years, so better drop him an email.

hi
i m trying to download Canada map but when i Choose a predefined country ans select Canada from drop down box
no tile is selected and i didn’t get any map

please help me how to download for Canada

thanks

You can enable manual selection, that still seems to work.

You cannot select Canada because it is too big to generate as single img file. You can only select one of the provinces or select the tiles manually.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi,

Some weeks ago I downloaded “Generic Routable” and "Generic Routable(new style) maps covering Finland area for my Edge 810. Downloading and “installing” was all ok but only old style map was shown on my devices screen. I was able to select new style map on my device but it only showed white screen on my area? When I scaled screen much further it showed some tiles on Finland but only some. Older New style map version from 2017 is working fine. What could be wrong? Is it about the new style map version itself or about the device? Hard to believe it could be about the device because older version is working just fine. Thanks in advance.

Probably its the problem, that all the downloaded maps have the same FID (File Identifikation). Use gmaptool to change the FID of some maps so every map has a distinct FID

Thanks for your quick answer. Do you mean by maps the old and new version or tiles included in the new version?

Anyhow I downloaded newest version of “new style” map and its working again. Two or three previous version didnt work.

I noticed that every two weeks or so the map shows a new date maybe an up date.

What I would like to know is it really updated? so often?, maybe for places in Europe you up date them every six months or once a year?

Great site btw.

No tricks. If the date says August 6th (like it does as of this post), then any map data you download will be based on OSM data from August 6th.

Especially in Europe where there are a significant number of contributors constantly making lots of changes, updating once or twice a year would be far too slow.

I’ve downloaded openstreet map for Germany and Switzerland, but I’ve trouble searching for hotels. When I search for the word “Hotel”, it only show one hotel, Hotelkam. I tried to search for Munich Airport but it is not in the list. Please help. My GPS is Nuvi 57LM.

How does the search function work for Openstreetmap?

Thanks for that info, even more proof that this is a great site., I was also pleased that the maps where much better than Garmin’s own maps.

There seems to be a problem with the Luxembourg map. I downloaded and installed the gmapsupp.img file on to my Garmin Oregon. Only part of the map displays. I think it might be just the top, left tile. I tried a second time but manually selecting the tiles and a couple extra adjoining tiles from Germany and France. I got exactly the same result.

I don’t see any issue with that map. Please check if you have installed other OSM maps on your device, they can cause this issue.

Yes, I had 10 other map files on the card. I deleted all the ones I no longer need and tried again. Now working perfectly. Many thanks.

Any problem with the server? I tried already twice to generate maps, but the server is thowing error in the buildlog.txt.
Cheers, Marc

Buildlog.txt:

Getting 14 tiles
Tile 63242922.img not found
Tile 63242923.img not found
Tile 63242924.img not found
Tile 63242933.img not found
Tile 63242934.img not found
Tile 63242935.img not found
Tile 63242940.img not found
Creating the license file
Getting the TYP file
/home/lambertus/garmin/utils/mkgmap-style-sheets/typ/Openfietsmap lite/20011.typ to ./20011.typ
Building gmapsupp
Time started: Wed Sep 26 14:18:15 CEST 2018
SCHWERWIEGEND (Main): 63*.img: file 63*.img doesn't exist
Number of MapFailedExceptions: 0
Exiting - if you want to carry on regardless, use the --keep-going option
Number of ExitExceptions: 1
Time finished: Wed Sep 26 14:18:15 CEST 2018
Total time taken: 536ms
Zipping gmapsupp
Gmapsupp does not exist!
Zipping the tiles (linux)
Building NSIS installer
MakeNSIS v2.50-1 - Copyright 1995-2015 Contributors
See the file COPYING for license details.
Credits can be found in the Users Manual.

Processing plugin dlls: "/usr/share/nsis/Plugins/*.dll"
 - AdvSplash::show
 - Banner::destroy
 - Banner::getWindow
 - Banner::show
 - BgImage::AddImage
 - BgImage::AddText
 - BgImage::Clear
 - BgImage::Destroy
 - BgImage::Redraw
 - BgImage::SetBg
 - BgImage::SetReturn
 - BgImage::Sound
 - Dialer::AttemptConnect
 - Dialer::AutodialHangup
 - Dialer::AutodialOnline
 - Dialer::AutodialUnattended
 - Dialer::GetConnectedState
 - InstallOptions::dialog
 - InstallOptions::initDialog
 - InstallOptions::show
 - LangDLL::LangDialog
 - Math::Script
 - NSISdl::download
 - NSISdl::download_quiet
 - Splash::show
 - StartMenu::Init
 - StartMenu::Select
 - StartMenu::Show
 - System::Alloc
 - System::Call
 - System::Copy
 - System::Free
 - System::Get
 - System::Int64Op
 - System::Store
 - TypeLib::GetLibVersion
 - TypeLib::Register
 - TypeLib::UnRegister
 - UserInfo::GetAccountType
 - UserInfo::GetName
 - UserInfo::GetOriginalAccountType
 - VPatch::GetFileCRC32
 - VPatch::GetFileMD5
 - VPatch::vpatchfile
 - nsDialogs::Create
 - nsDialogs::CreateControl
 - nsDialogs::CreateItem
 - nsDialogs::CreateTimer
 - nsDialogs::GetUserData
 - nsDialogs::KillTimer
 - nsDialogs::OnBack
 - nsDialogs::OnChange
 - nsDialogs::OnClick
 - nsDialogs::OnNotify
 - nsDialogs::SelectFileDialog
 - nsDialogs::SelectFolderDialog
 - nsDialogs::SetRTL
 - nsDialogs::SetUserData
 - nsDialogs::Show
 - nsExec::Exec
 - nsExec::ExecToLog
 - nsExec::ExecToStack

Can't open script "63440000.nsi"
Building Basecamp/RoadTrip installer
JaVaWa MapConverter CLI version 0.6

Error: basemap doesn't exist

Usage:
jmc_cli -src=source_folder -dest=destination_folder [-bmap=basemap.img] [-gmap=mapname.gmap] [-v]

Parameters:
-src   Path to folder with map files you want to convert
-dest  Path to folder where the .gmap folder will be created
-bmap  Name of .img file with overview map (optional)
       (Needed only when jmc_cli cannot decide which file to use)
-gmap  Name of .gmap folder (optional; when omitted the map name will be used)
-v     Verbose output: display every step in the process (optional)

Use quotes around paths when they contain spaces,
or escape the spaces with backslashes.

Status codes:
0: success
1: wrong parameters
2: missing files
3: error in processing files
4: unhandled exception

Zipping Basecamp/RoadTrip installer
Miscellaneous stuff
Linking map storage to webdir: /maps/1/garmin/openfietsmap_lite/11-09-2018/1f84e281254915f5120648867ad3cff9 -> /var/www/garmin/openfietsmap_lite/11-09-2018/1f84e281254915f5120648867ad3cff9

Are there any instruction on how to install on mac?

I downloaded this version: “The osm_generic_macosx.zip is the map installer for BaseCamp on the Mac OSX platform”

That’s a directory of files but not one of them seems to be an ‘installer’, so I’m not sure what to do next. I’m happy to edit the wiki instructions if I can get some help here

I dont have any knowledge of Macs and I dont know if you understand Dutch, but maybe this helps
http://www.javawa.nl/gmapprobleem.html

Thanks - this helped me work out the trick was not to use this software but to install the full Garmin suite, include the Mapmanager