Cape Wrath Trail

Dear British colleagues,

While randomly browsing around hiking.waymarkedtrails.org I noticed the Cape Wrath Trail in Scotland’s Northern Highlands. It surprised me, since I hike part of this trail in the (sort of) summer of 2015. The trail is described in several books, and there is a website, but in 2015 there were no signposts for Cape Wrath Trail. Since here at OSM we have the policy to only map what is visible on the ground, I think that the routes which are not visible on the ground should not be on the map.

I contacted the original contributor the-mtc 26 February 2018 via the personal message system and 2 weeks ago via the changeset comment https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/41627259 but did not get a response to either. Apparently this user has stopped contributing.

Since I am not part of the UK mappers, I would like to discuss here how to proceed. Currently I have no plans to go to the Northern Highlands in short term :confused: to survey the place and see if there are now signposts. Has somebody recently been there (after the orignal entry of August 2016) and/or knowledge about the signpost status?

Cheers from Switzerland,
dikkeknodel