OpenStreetMap Forum

The Free Wiki World Map

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A fix has been applied to the login system for the forums - if you have trouble logging in please contact support@openstreetmap.org with both your forum username and your OpenStreetMap username so we can make sure your accounts are properly linked.

#1 2018-05-12 23:05:48

JeroenHoek

Gridify: A new JOSM plugin (preview)

In the proposal for amenity=parking_space a plugin that can split up a shape into a grid of shapes was suggested.

After experimenting a little with drawing amenity=parking_space in the map, I found that such a plugin was lacking (although Terracer can split up a shape along one axis).

I've written Gridify to fill the gap. It takes either four nodes, or a way consisting of four nodes as its input, and lets you configure the number of rows and columns it should generate.

gridify-dialog.png

gridify-out.png

Instead of generating 'blocks' (the default), you can also generate a gird of 'lines'.

The input shape does not need to have squared angles, any four nodes will work:

gridify-odd.png

My goal for this plugin is the help map features like parking spaces and other man-made features that can be represented by a grid of shapes.

The plugin now works, but still needs documentation, a bit of clean-up, and translation in the languages I know. I'll submit the plugin to the JOSM project after that.

Is this plugin something you would use?

#2 2018-05-13 22:51:32

n76

Re: Gridify: A new JOSM plugin (preview)

I can see where it could be useful in some situations. Thank you for developing it.

#3 2018-05-16 10:51:24

westnordost

Adjacent tennis courts smile

Nice one!

#4 2018-05-16 18:50:51

JeroenHoek

I've submitted the plugin to the JOSM project. If anyone wants to use the plugin in the mean time, you can download it here.

westnordost wrote:

Adjacent tennis courts smile

Didn't think of that one. Nice example.

Board footer