OpenStreetMap Forum

The Free Wiki World Map

You are not logged in.

A fix has been applied to the login system for the forums - if you have trouble logging in please contact with both your forum username and your OpenStreetMap username so we can make sure your accounts are properly linked.

#1 2017-08-27 14:59:35

Question from Germany about Korean online maps for OSM and Garmin

I am a mapper from Germany who sometimes is mapping OSM data in South Korea, especially in the county of Uljin.
Is there a way to have Daum-map or maps from Naver as Background map in the JOSM editor ?

Is there a way to load Daum-map or Naver map of South Korea into my Garmin handheld device or into mapsource from Garmin?

#2 2018-02-28 08:17:34

Re: Question from Germany about Korean online maps for OSM and Garmin

I'm a mapper from S.Korea. I think there is no way to use Daum-map or Naver-map as background map. In S.Korea, it is illegal to map using maps from S.Korea.

S.Korean government have a strict law that prohibits sending terrain/buildings data outside their country, because of threat of North Korea. … 02188.html, … 5%EB%A5%A0 (Korean)

In fact, North Korean army can use S.Korean map data easily. Because these map data can be easily accessed on S.Korean web site. The real reason why S.Korean government prohibits sending map data outside their country is to protect S.Korean companies from foreign companies about map.

I think you may use 'PicLayer'. It is a plugin that allows to display any pictures as a background in the JOSM editor.

Board footer