Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

now new bicycle maps downloadable - thanks for your work

Many thanks for sorting out the file updates!

There is a proposed route in my area. To my suprise my Garmin tried to route me along a proposed route. I mapped this route with just a line and no use of the highway tag. This also happens in BaseCamp. It shows as a normal route, and is fully routable.

The route on the lower part of these iamges:

Hi Derby45,

it would help to know the id of the way you are talking about.

Gerd

Sure :slight_smile:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/508936063

I guess you have downloaded an older map, from what date is that OFM version?
Please have a look at the latest map, those routes are removed from the database and dont exist there anymore:
http://mijndev.openstreetmap.nl/~ligfietser/fiets/?map=route&zoom=16&lat=52.88984&lon=-1.5075&layers=B000000FTTTFTFFFFFFFFFFF

So I guess you should download the latest or wait for the next release?

BTW please do not map proposed routes with tags on highways but as relations

Hi,
was there anything changed with respect to the data format in the last six months?
A new gmapsupp is not recognized at all by my quite old Nüvi 1255. I tried several different files (new / old style, custom) and all are not seen by the device. The file I downloaded a while ago worked without any problem. It’s not a problem of file size either.

Not that I know. My very old Nüvi 310 can still read those maps. Did you try another SD card?

Yes, I tried two cards. Unfortunately I deleted the old map, so I can’t try to load the old one again.

You can check your device with javawa devicemanager. If that doesn’t help maybe a hard factory reset?

Thanks for pointing me to this nice tool - it didn’t show any errors. Don’t ask me what happened, but now it works again… Thanks for help!

Hi, Hoping someone can help.

I have used this software extensively via the link on DCRainmakers review site to create cycling base maps for my Garmin 520 edge. About a week ago I started planning a couple of trips I’m making in the summer. After mapping several routes on Strava I came to this site to create the basemaps I need, only to find the world map not displaying correctly. All the tiles are there and can be selected but the map itself its just pink with an several error symbols. I could probably work out the tiles I need but it would pretty tedious and haven’t tried to create a simple map to see if the created file would still work, but I have a feeling my issue is just the world map tile display.

I’ve taken a screen grab but haven’t a clue how to upload it to show the problem I have. I thought it may be an issue with the site but seeing how no one else has mentioned it I realise it might be caused by an issue my end.

Any advice would be very gratefully received

Jerome

I’m not sure what your issue is so please upload an image. This forum doesn’t support uploading images so you have to upload them elsewhere, try https://postimages.org/

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. Not particularly I.T. savvy I’m afraid. I’ve used the postimages site and the following is the link it has generated. I tried it by emailing to myself and it seems to work

https://s5.postimg.org/r2izpbtvr/Screenshot_1.png

Looks as if the background image has not loaded.
Did you try to refresh the browser…
Just hit the control (Ctrl) and F5 button at the same time (Windows). Or, if you are using a Mac - Apple + R or Cmd + R.

I have tried reloading and refreshing the page several times, although not using the ctrl f5 method if that would make a difference?
Just got to work and tried the site on a works tablet and all seems fine so must be an issue with my laptop. Perhaps a recent Windows update has messed with a setting as I’ve used this same pc to create a lot of base maps

Hi, is there a way to download the whole planet in one file? We are going on world trip and our route isn’t fix.

I have previously downloaded a single map for Western Europe, but can’t find it now. Is this option still available, or do I need a separate gmapsupp.img file for every country?

I tried to create one by selecting UK and then adding FR/ES/BE/NL, but the file was too big…

(Apologies if this has been asked & answered previously - I looked but couldn’t find it)

You may be able to download it but AFAIK a gmapsupp.img must not be larger than 8GB, so even a well mapped continent might be too much.

I think limit for img is 4GB. Img structure allows for bigger files, bit I don’t know any device which supports sector size greater than 64kB.
Bigger maps should be divided into multiple parts.