OpenStreetMap Forum

The Free Wiki World Map

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A fix has been applied to the login system for the forums - if you have trouble logging in please contact support@openstreetmap.org with both your forum username and your OpenStreetMap username so we can make sure your accounts are properly linked.

#1 2017-11-29 07:00:37

g246020

JOSM: want to review changes before upload

What is the process to review my changes in JOSM before uploading?  I could not find anything online...

#2 2017-11-29 08:26:45

R0bst3r

Re: JOSM: want to review changes before upload

Data can currently be reviewed after it has been uploaded to osm.org. See this blog article.

If you want to know where you can select you data for review in JOSM, see here:
tn_ueberpr_cs.png

If you want to review your changes before you upload, you may send your changes as .osm file to a second mapper.

Manchmal muss man einfach mal machen ...

#3 2017-11-29 15:32:37

n76

Depending on what I've done, I sometimes do a search for "modified" in JOSM to select everything I've touched in an editing session. Then if there is something selected that I did not expect I can go and examine it to see if I'd made an inadvertent change.

#4 2017-11-29 18:44:47

GerdP

n76 wrote:

Depending on what I've done, I sometimes do a search for "modified" in JOSM to select everything I've touched in an editing session. Then if there is something selected that I did not expect I can go and examine it to see if I'd made an inadvertent change.

I also do that, but be aware that this will not show you deleted objects.

You may open a new layer and download the existing data (again) to compare with your version, for a single object you can press Strg+H to view the history. When it is modified, you can see what you changed.

Gerd

#5 2017-11-29 19:59:36

Klumbumbus
Website

There is also the mappaint style "Modified objects", which highlights modified objects.

Board footer