OpenStreetMap Forum

The Free Wiki World Map

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A fix has been applied to the login system for the forums - if you have trouble logging in please contact support@openstreetmap.org with both your forum username and your OpenStreetMap username so we can make sure your accounts are properly linked.

#1 2017-09-22 14:19:14

Jay May

Leftover parts of Latvia.

Labdien, dear Latvian OSM passionates smile

Eastern Latvia (Latgalia) needs us badly! It would be great if you guys could help me.

Sorry to write in English, but I know only a few words in Latvian (I do understand quite a bit of words because I speak quite a bit of Lithuanian)

I had started this discussion on my diary: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Jay% … iary/41982 but it would be nice if we discuss it here.

Those territories are a total OSM leftover and really require a lot of work.

What is usually wrong?
A)ROAD MISTAKES:
- Roads drawn where they don't exist (or the opposite)
- Non existing sharp curves, roads drawn as straigtht while being curvy.
- Main dirt roads shown as single forest/field road, and the opposite.
- Roads to possessions shown as main roads or not shown at all.

B)NAME=* FILLED IN OTHER LANGUAGES THAN LATVIAN, OR WITHOUT LATVIAN CHARACTERS:
- Name mistakes (recently corrected, for instance, Goliševa - someone had written Golyševa),
- Infrastructure main names (border checkpoints, etc.) written in other languages than Latvian on the name:* tag (Russian or English usually that should be moved to from the name tag to name:en and name:ru, etc.)...
- Lots of places without any name=* tag.

C) MISSING DATA: - Rivers, canals, bridges etc. not drawn at all.

You won't get bored anytime soon if we start taking care of those beautiful regions smile
I keep trying to "repair" that region, but I can't do everything all alone. So I count on you smile

Btw, I wanted to ask our Latvian users: is it possible to use http://karte.zl.lv/ as a source? It is based on ... OSM smile

Kind regards,

J.

Board footer