publicly available images for point in OSM

Hi,

I would like to add images to OSM places.
I know I can use the image tag to link to an image.
My problem is that I want the images to have the same license and be “related” to the data in OSM.
My question is if OSM has a server for images that can be uploaded with the OSM user for example?
If not, which place do you think should be used for such data?
I thought about using imgur to upload file anonymously but I saw that imgur takes the image’s IP and make it their own.
I also thought about Mapillary, but for the same reason I’m not sure this is the right approach.
Wikimedia common was also an option I thought about and seems like lesser evil.

Of course I can store then on my server but I really want them to be publicly available much like the rest of the data in OSM.
I can probably store the image in base64 in a tag in the OSM element but I really don’t think it’s the right place for it and it will also make the database a lot bigger…

Thought, ideas and previous experience are welcome!
Thanks ahead,
Harel M.

For what it is worth, I use Wikimedia commons. The main reason is that http://gk.historic.place supports this.
And while I still add image tags to historical objects, I think it would be better to just add a Wikidata tag to the OSM object and let Wikidata link to images and Wikimedia Categories.

Thanks! I’m leaning towards that options too…