Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

If it helps, I’ve noticed that all buildings are showing. Usually on the lite version I see that only named buildings display.

Tried the GMTK software but it showed there was also nothing to repair.

Have tried a previous verison of the Lite map, works perfectly.

Good find! I think the OFM style is not processed but instead the default style is taken. What you get is the default style with the wrong typ file, resulting in this mess. I’ll ask Lambertus to check and fix this, thanks again.

@Derby:
Lambertus confirmed it was a configuration error on the server (instead of the OFM the generic style was processed). A fresh map is being compiled now.

I really appriciate the quick fix, thak you! I will keep an eye out for the latest update.

Glad to be of help :slight_smile:

Hi All. I’ve been having issues with turn by turn directions on a downloaded course on my Garmin Edge 820. I have a European Model with Australian Open Street Base Map IMG loaded and have disabled all other maps. When I first purchased the unit the turn by turn directions worked and even re-calculated the route when I went off course but now I have no luck. The map will show up with the pink/purple route but will not give me any turn by turn directions. Is it possible that Garmin have updated their software to restrict people using non genuine maps?
Thanks for any input - I realise this is bordering on a Garmin issue and not specifically related to a mapping error but I’m at a loss for the issue and can’t find any fixes elsewhere.
P.S I create and download my GPX files from Strava.
Cheers

Maybe you downloaded a track gpx, not a route gpx?
If you browse the gpx file and it contains lots of “trkpt” you have a track, a route file contains “rtept” .

Never used one myself, but don’t the cycling GPSs have a “follow track” option (i.e. specifically a track, not a route)? There have certainly been some questions along those lines over at http://help.openstreetmap.org .

Where does this map come from, maybe it is not routable?

Not that we know, I don’t think this is the cause. It should be either in your settings (direct route instead of navigation by bike) or the map that is not routable.

Yes, I think the Garmin Edge series offers this function, it alarms you when you leave the track, but it will not recalculate the route or
tell you how to get back on the track, so I think this is a different issue.

Hello,
I didn’t find anything similiar, so I post it here. I tried to install several countries today, like Germany, Denmark or area consisting of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. My Avast antirus first stopped the installation process due to some ?virus?, I didn’t catch it so have no evidence. I redownloaded Germany and got the same result. Redownloaded Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia strip and now Avast was calm but the install wizard came up with “OSM generic routable already installed”. I checked the folder where all OSM maps are installed (to use by Basecamp) and each country was in folder named by the country. I checked it via Javawa GMTK and all the countries have unique name (country) in Basecamp (computer) and in device (Garmin) also.

Do you have any suggestion how to overcome this? I don’t want to uninstall any of the maps already present in Basecamp.

Thanks, Lukas.

Hello

Recently I finished a mkgmap-style and according TYP file which creates a 99,9% exact copy of the standard mapnik tile layer.
It refelects all the colors, elements, poi-icons and layout changes (without personal interpretations) up to the current OSM layout version v4.3.0 (2017-09-16)
Using this style and typ the garmin maps in basecamp and my Oregon gps look identical to openstreetmap.org
I started from the default mapnik style and put in some of ligfietsers style-sheet sections for routing and zooming of places (thx for the work).
The map is complete for zoomlevel 22-24 but on some other zoomlevels there is still some work to do hiding stuf.
If you like to give me some feedback already? that would be great. You can also e-mail me at jorisbo at hotmail
See github : Jorisbo/Mkgmap-Mapnik-Style-Garmin

You’ll find the style and TYP file as wel as some precompiled test areas for different countries and landuses
(Netherlands - Schiphol Airport, Germany/Austria - Chiemsee and Brixental Ski Area, Belgium - Zeebrugge Seaharbor, Spain - Bilbao city)

There is also a TYP-file to display lambertus Generic New Style maps in OSM layout as good as possible based on his Style choices.
Groet Joris

I have noticed that when I select Generic Routable (new style) and then go to North America - Canada - British Columbia and look at the Map there are 3 tiles missing in the BC download. 2 of them are for Vancouver Island and Victoria and 1 for eastern BC on the border with the USA.
I also see an extra tile generated for Alberta in the BC download that isn’t there in the Generic Routable.

The Generic Routable is also missing the same tile for Eastern BC but has the 2 tiles for Victoria.

Try comparing the two maps and you will see what I mean.

Thanks.

Hello there!
I hope that the post from 2007 is still valid and feedback shoud be placed in here.

I’m using the Generic Routable (new style) map and I’m very happy with it.
What I noticed was that a ways *_link way is not coloured correctly. So you have eg. a motorway way and you drive to that motorway on a motorway_link way. The motorway is coloured correctly, but the motorway_link way is not. Same goes for primary_link, etc.

The colours that we use for those highway links in the new generic map are the Garmin default colours. Garmin has decided to show highway links in different colours, don’t ask me why. :expressionless: You can try to adapt it yourself by editting the typ file. Type 0x08 is for low speed highway ramps (primary_link and lower) and type 0x09 for motorway_link and trunk_link. See also https://github.com/ligfietser/mkgmap-style-sheets/blob/master/styles/generic%20new/lines and https://github.com/ligfietser/mkgmap-style-sheets/tree/master/typ/osm%20generic%20new. Also http://www.openfietsmap.nl/tips-tricks/customize for more information about editting the typ file.

Any news on this?

This seems to be a problem with the code that selects the tiles. No idea where this has to be fixed.
However, you can select tiles manually.

The only one who can fix this is Lambertus. Better drop him an e-mail, he probably will not read it here.

Thank you,

I have sent an email to Lambertus yesterday and noticed today that Generic Routable has been fixed but new routable has not been fixed.

Yes I am aware I could change to add the tiles missing but I was trying to download it right away rather than wait for it.

Thanks

can someone tell me when Routable Bicycle (Openfietsmap Lite) would updated.
Last downloaded files are from 06.08.2017.

Where do you get this date from? The web page says “Map version: 03-11-2017”