Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

I selected two sets a couple of days ago and glad for these maps. One was for the USA state of Maine and the other larger for a god portion of the USA east coast.

I got an email confirming receipt and providing the queue time. Both were finished about 10 hours ago but I haven’t received a download link so far.

Mate, the site has been near dead for over a year. Do yourself a favour and try another provider
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download

Thanks for the heads up Nevw.

I was interested in these maps to get the Mapsource installer. My attempts at using the other available OSM maps and the various apps have failed. Getting them on my SD card is fine and the GPS is doing a decent job of recalculating.

I agree on the great tip to use javawa, Dankjewel! Works fast and great.

Thanks,
Glenn

If you are looking for another selection for the US try http://daveh.dev.openstreetmap.org/garmin/Lambertus/2017-06-01/
No Mapsource/Basecamp installer though…

Thanks

Hello. I have garmin nüvi 40 navigator. Please, provide up-to-date build of Estonia map. This site http://gis-lab.info says to ask for the map update on this forum. Thank you.

glassMonk, that is something you search for and download yourself.

The site referred to is likely this on in particular http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/
Choose your predefined country under Europe>Estonia
There is a manual to guide you and if you find that you don’t get a map in a few days, try another provider.

Here are sites that produce Garmin suitable maps…
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download

Thank you. It looks like it is exactly, what i’ve been searching for.

Hi,
there is a problem with a title. It is the one in Indonesia, located in southeast Borneo/Kalimantan (Samarinda/Balikpapan) and goes to northwest Sulawesi (Palu/Majene). I had downloaded the mapset in April. When I got to the area, all scales smaller than 8km are blank and no navigation is possible. If I’m outside of this title, everything works fine. I thought, maybe something went wrong with the download or the conversion and gave it a 2nd try yesterday. The map creation finished within 5 minutes, but when I uploaded it to my device, the same problem occurred. Is there a chance, that this will get fixed, or do I have to switch over to Google for this area?
Greetings,

Looking at the latest generic new style map for Indonesia, I dont see anything wrong with this tile.
Are you sure you don’t have multiple maps on your device with the same tile number?

Ahm, sorry for the missing information, I’m using Generic Routable (old style). I’m pretty sure, there is no other mapset containing the same number, because on this device (Nüvi 1350) you can run only one gmapsup.img and the only other mapset, that is installed, is the one by factory (Europe 2011).
It looks to me, like the overview map is converted correctly, but the detailed maps below are missing or corrupt

Just checked the generic map on my old nüvi, don’t see any issues with that tile either. Please try the Generic new map or include the mapnik typ file, maybe that will help?

Just wanted to say thank you for fixing the whole queue thing, I appreciate it.

Just wanted to report, that the new version solved the problem

Hi there, first of all I thank you for the work done on the garmin maps, it is really impressive.

I have a problem with routing in OSM between two points separated for more than 200km (approx) apart. If the distance between the routing points is larger than approx 200km then basecamp shows a straight line when using driving, motorcycling, ATV but not when using hiking, mountaneering, etc. On Garmin device it says there is no route between the two points in the same situations.

I use the OSM on basecamp and then download OSM maps from basecamp to my Garmin Zumo 595 LM that is subsequently mounted on my motorcycle. I saw the problem first time when I downloaded the Iran map last year. The workaround I used on the field was to split the route in several shorter routes but it needed me to stop driving and look on the paper map for one or more intermediate points.

I thought the problem was only for Iran map but last night I downloaded a map for western Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Romania and tried to make a route. The same problems remained even though I installed basecamp 4.6.2 (the latest version) and after that I went down to versions like 4.4.6, 4.3.5, 4.3.1 to see if the problem still occur. And it does, none the less.

I am using basecamp on windows 7 and it runs in a virtualbox machine, if it does matter related to the problem I see.

I may say that OSM was great for my trip in Iran last year, very detailed and precise and it showed the gas stations along the route which was of really help especially in the desert. Great maps.

Thanks,
B

The first time I have

A note to those who haven’t received an e-mail:

You will get two e-mails, one immediately after you put the request into the system,
another one when the job has finished.

If you did not get the first mail, chances are very high that you will not get the second!

Check that you really entered a correct address, check you Spam Folder and Spam setting and if all that still doesn’t help, use a different email provider. Gmail for exmaple always worked fine for this service.

There is a surprising high number of false e-mail addresses which cannot be delivered (34 at the moment on sn21 alone, haven’t checked the others). Generating these maps took time and the requests are lost now. So please double check your mail address and refrain from using any false ones like anything@example.com. You really need the link in the mail to use this service, so if you don’t like to put in your mail address, please use another service. We don’t save your addresses nor give them away to anybody.

T.

@BCDia

I use to have routing problems on longer routes in Europe, nowadays It poses a lot less problems as the little details get fixed.
Usually the fastest is a better algorithm to deal with these problems.
Otherwise add routepoints in between and fix the map where it is broken.

There has been no map update since 10th June. Does the server need a bump start?

Some difficulties installing maps:

• Windows defender warning >>> Ignore
  • AVG warning that file is suspicious >>> Ignore

File wouldn’t install due to insufficient rights.

In settings of AVG adjusted ‘suspicious files’ to decide myself and file installed successfully.

Others having same issue?

Ed