Automated edits for branches

I did manually look at many (but not all) of the changed names before uploading. In the stations I looked at, there wasn’t useful info in the name, only an appended place, e.g. “Paz Ramat Gan”. I may have missed useful info though. Do you have any particular examples?

Note that if the fuel station is private and without a brand (e.g. this), the algorithm didn’t change it.

For the record: Fuel stations and banks have been modified. Next step is supermarkets and clinics.

I agree. Feel free to add Russian names to the templates wherever you feel they’re useful.

I believe I can update the algorithm, such that it preserves the good names. I will update the “Algorithm description” section and describe the procedure there (and rewrite the section in a clearer form).

@Sanniu sent me Russian names for banks. The change was applied in changeset 48695896 and the templates were updated accordingly.

New algorithm (work in progress): https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:SwiftFast#SwiftFast_bot

There’s a typo in the templates:
“Bank Hapoalim - Businuss Branch”

Should be “Business”

Thanks! Templates updated and fixed in https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/48920913

Hi, folks!
I don’t know exactly about brand name changing, :slight_smile:
but now all former “Dor-Alon” gas stations have instead of blue-red Dor-Alon colours
white-green colours and only “Alon” name.
I’ve done some changes, because today received the new version of map with Hebrew transliteration to English
instead of translation (for example: “mrkz hmwsygh” - Merkaz HaMusicah; “wlyb” instead of Olive)

For context: https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/48940545

Alex, could you please explain this further? What map / app are you using and where are the colors?

As far as I can tell, Dor Alon is supposed to be “green and white”, right?

Added missing Russian name tags to the wiki templates.

Quick question: Should “Mavo Shomron” fuel station be a brand on it’s own? Their website says they’re only the operator of a Sonol station (חברת מבוא שומרון המשווקת דלק איכותי ומעולה מחזיקה בבעלותה תחנת דלק בכפר יונה של חברת סונול ישראל.). I’ve never encountered them before and have no knowledge beyond what I just read.

Overall, great initiative @SwiftFast! Keep it going!

You are probably right. According to Overpass API**, Israel has 1 POI holding that brand name. Looking at its history, yrtimiD added brand=“mavo shomron” in 2012. Does anyone know what the logo of that POI says on the ground?

** Such searches are very convenient now! I just did a search for [“brand”=“Mavo Shomroon”], this was much trickier before, spanning multiple tags.

Thanks!

Sticky?

I’ll be adding Wikidata, Wikipedia, and Wikimedia tags to all branches whenever available.

I don’t think so. Wiki is better than sticky :wink:

Whatever suits you :stuck_out_tongue:

it’s just that editing the template is actually a way to edit the map ,and people should know it exists.

I may have misunderstood what you meant by “Sticky?”.

I thought you’re asking about making this thread sticky in the forum. That, I assume, has nothing to do with templates…

This is what I meant.

The first post of this thread links to the templates which are used by the bot to edit the branches.

I’d like to help with the other templates, starting from supermarkets.

I want to be sure I understand the “syntax” and the script operation correctly. Is this correct?

{ tags: { 
	"name": "מגה", "name:he": "מגה", "name:en": "Mega",
	"name:ar": "", "name:ru": "", "brand":"Mega",
	"shop":"supermarket", "website": "..."
	}, alt_find: [], variants: [

"name" : "מגה בעיר", "name:he":"מגה בעיר", "name:en": "Mega Bair"
			}, alt_find: ["Mega Ba'ir", "Mega Ba'Ir", "Mega BaIr"] 
		},

"name" : "מגה בול", "name:he":"מגה בול", "name:en": "Mega Bool" 
			}, alt_find: [] 
		}
	]
},

Does the script consider case (“Bool” vs “bool”)?
Does the script match the variant before the main brand (“Mega bool” before just “Mega”)?