Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

Well I guess I have my answer since there is no service period as I type this.

Hi

Your site does not work, do you know what’s going on?

The following message appears:

Kind regardsSorry but this service is currently not available. Please come back after the weekend…

Thanks

Hello, when downloading the map for Romania (routable or newstyle routable), part of the tiles don’t seem to be included. I tried to select the map from the pull down menu as wel as using manual selection of tiles from the world map, but every time the same tiles are missing. It does not seem to be caused by my GPS unit, however I have no way of checking the tiles that are not displayed are actually included/present in the files as I use the gmapsupp.img directly on the unit. Thanks and best regards.

You can check it with a tool called Javawa Device Manager

Hello, regarding the map of Romania (post 19-04-2017), I downloaded it once more as preselection and once as own selection, but central and eastern tiles (Bucharest, Constanta - every time the same tiles) are somehow not included in the download. Now I not only verified this on the device, but on the computer as well. I don’t see errors in the Pleiades log, nor when downloading. Best regards,

I dont see anything missing on the Romania new style map from 19-04. Maybe you should emtpy your cache (2x ctrl-G) in Basecamp or Mapsource or remove all other old maps on your device?

Last Friday (April 21) I got the e-Mail with the message “You successfully requested a Garmin map”,
and on Sunday morning (April 23) the current status of my request was “… request … not be found in the queue. Most likely the map is already generated and you received another email containing the url …, or you should receive that email shortly.”
However, NO such e-Mail with the URL for download came in up to date. WHAT IS WRONG ?
(I did never encounter similar difficulties in the past, and I did not change my Google mail account since)

Wanderer52, maybe you should wait a little longer or else, just make another request.

Looks like things are running very slow at the moment! can anyone tell me if it will take 6.6 days to get my maps? Im heading away last minute and could really do with the maps.

I don’t have a clue how much time it takes, but if you are in a hurry you can look for another provider, try https://extract.bbbike.org/

ref.: #2734 & 2753
Apparently, maps build by requests that entered the queue ordinarily on April 21 got lost: The message about reaching the end of the queue and of sending e-mails with the download-link was issued on Sunday morning - but these download links did never arrive.
Instead, I got the downloads for a later request (originating from April 24) making clear that we cannot blame the e-mail servers. Rather, something was wrong with osm2.pleiades on last Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

There are currently 2590 requests in the queue…

There is clearly something stuck. Can anyone find the paper jam in this machine and reset? :slight_smile:

Please fix this terrible performance!!! one server is doing absolutly NOTHING! the other had over 2600 requests with a waiting time of more than 10 days!

Hi.
I was requesting a map and got a tracking id.
http://osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/status.php?id=75b7d53c1aa0fdf6a954859e92089247

Now it says there is no information, so the map should be ready.

But i have not received any email saying that i can download the map.
i had the same problem just a week ago, and i had to request the map again, but also this time i never got the ready-mail.
i checked if it ended up in spam, but no. i simply never got it.

it also seems like the servers load is very unbalanced.
osm.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/, queue = 0 requests (~0 days), status = OK
osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/, queue = 2540 requests (~10.6 days), status = OK

do you know if there are some problems currently?

I suggest you try another provider until the site is up and running again…
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download

Unfortunately Lambertus doesn’t seem to communicate so we don’t know what’s going on.
@Mschuns: shouting doesn’t help here. If you don’t behave you will be banned.

thanks ligfietser,
I looked at bbbike and I have to say I like it.
There is only one drawback. it only creates .img files.
Anyone knows of an simple way to install the .img files to Garmin Basecamp?
I mean simpler than installing and configuring GMapTool and MapTk, etc…
Kind of point and click…
And not just adding the file to an USB drive into the \Garmin folder, but actually installing it as map in Basecamp…

Basecamp can use the .img file on your device. You don’t need to install your maps on the pc.

Yes, this is what I mentioned indirectly with USB drive and putting the .img file into the Garmin folder on that drive. A Garmin device is (more or less) nothing else than a USB storage for BaseCamp.

However, if I remove the device (or USB) from the PC, I will loose access to the .img map.

This is one of the reasons I want to actually install the .img file into BaseCamp. The website garmin.openstreetmap.nl allows me to download not only the .img file, but also the installer exe to add the map to BaseCamp.

This is what I miss on bbbike.com. This site, is focussed only on devices and this .img files.

Grokit, a workaround is to drag and drop the gmapsupp.img onto the osmcombiner tool. It can make an installable map for Basecamp. The only drawback is that the img doesn’t contain the tiles for the overview map, you need to zoom in a little bit more until you will see the map.