Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

The img files are only compiled in latin/english.

Hi there; I really love this service and greatly appreciate it. It’s helped me get mountain biking trails that I’ve mapped easily on to my Garmin.

I’d like to experiment on my own with mkgmap and some different rendering styles, and I was wondering if the style sheets are available.

I’ve found this (https://github.com/ligfietser/mkgmap-style-sheets), but it’s not quite clear to me if those are the same?

Thanks very much!

Steve

Yes, the generic new style and openfietsmap lite you can find here: https://github.com/ligfietser/mkgmap-style-sheets/tree/master/styles
The generic uses uses the built in mkgmap default style.

Hello, After selecting tiles on OSM for Garmin, the email box is not appearing. Is this a technical issue? Tried on different computers and with Chrome and Firefox. Never had this problem before.

Maybe this has to do with the custom map generation?

Server status:
osm.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/, queue = 0 requests (~0 days), status = OK
osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/ not available!

The same problem has been reported here: https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/55389/request-your-map-or-download-it-directly-not-available

Please contact Lambertus:

I am also experiencing this issue. I’ll swing an email to Lambertus (I take it he’s the creator?) and see if he can help!

Here’s to it getting fixed soon! :smiley:

I hope he can fix it soon, or try another map provider like https://extract.bbbike.org/

It seems there are problems with the servers at the moment so the whole site is down. I will try to contact the administrator of the Wuppertal server to see what is going on.

Update: server maintenance

Dear Lambertus

I downloaded france, portugal, morocco, australia and it works very well on my GPS garmin montana 610

I downloaded 3 times at differents dates (february, march) NEPAL country and osm_generic_gmapsupp.zip doesn’t work on gps
osm_generic_macosx.zip works well on basecamp on my macintosh

I tried Enable manual tile selection and same problem with Nepal area

thanks
gilles

Hello!

I’ve been using this service for a while and really enjoyed using is! Great tool for preparing our holidays as the maps are so detailed (Big thanks to all the OSM editors!)

Recently however I have encountered an annoying little problem: when I wanted to add a new Garmin-OSm mapset generated via the garmin.openstreetmap.nl site (new style), it overwrote a previous map set in my Garmin Basecamp installation. I luckily keep the installation files so I reinstalled the older map set and … the newest one was removed! What am I doing wrong???

I have checked that the tiles are stored in a seperate folder using the Javawa GMTK tool and also make sure that the map ID’s and names are different.
I have noticed that it creates a directory named “OSM generic routable” (which is empty).
Further info: I’m running Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Any ideas to what I’m doing wrong? Why is the installer deleting a previous map set (and just the one by the way!)

Regards,

You didnt do anything wrong, it’s a known issue. All the custom maps get one and the same ID (2000). GMTK tool cannot change the settings of the uninstaller, better remove this uninstaller manually. You can also use the gmap (Mac version) and use GMTK to install it. The advantage is that the gmap version does not need the windows register, simply remove it from it from your hard drive will uninstall the maps. You still have to change the name and ID with GMTK if you want to install multiple custom maps.

Hi!

I enjoy this service very much and use it very often. Thanks for that great job.
But why the two servers are so terrible unequal busy (40/1500 requests)?
And why my request always goes to the busier one?
A few weeks ago a request did not take longer than a very few hours…

Thanks ,
Robert

Hi Ligfietser! Hartelijk dank voor je antwoord :wink:

And now back to English for the rest of us :-0

OK, so I can stop stressing-out now! :wink: I have launched a new request for maps and will download the Mac version this time instead of the Windows version and try it out with GMTK. Will let you know how things work out as soon as I’ve got the maps.
Just one thing: it used to work in the past (i.e. using the Windows installer package combined with GMTK) to install several different maps or did I just get lucky? (have currently 2 OSM mapsets installed in Basecamp, one of Cuba and one of South-Africa).

I’m not sure but I think that works only for the preselected country maps. They get a unique Map ID and also separate uninstallers.

The server lately has been extra slow taking a couple of hours to download a 150 mb map.
Right now the servers are saying

I don’t think I have seen 9.4 days before.

Is there a problem because the other 2 servers are not there?

Well I guess I have my answer since there is no service period as I type this.

Hi

Your site does not work, do you know what’s going on?

The following message appears:

Kind regardsSorry but this service is currently not available. Please come back after the weekend…

Thanks

Hello, when downloading the map for Romania (routable or newstyle routable), part of the tiles don’t seem to be included. I tried to select the map from the pull down menu as wel as using manual selection of tiles from the world map, but every time the same tiles are missing. It does not seem to be caused by my GPS unit, however I have no way of checking the tiles that are not displayed are actually included/present in the files as I use the gmapsupp.img directly on the unit. Thanks and best regards.