Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

Hi there! Amigos, I have a problem: I receive just one letter and after message “This request could not be found in the queue. Most likely the map is already generated and you received another email containing the url where the map can be downloaded, or you should receive that email shortly.” is going nothing. Who knows, what a problem is it? Thanks

On the server status page one of them states that the disk is full

sfs4.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/, queue = 0 requests (~0 days), status = Disk full

Is there a way I can select to use one of the other servers? I’m getting an email to tell me the tracking request id, but none to tell me my maps are ready. It’s been around 12 hours so far. I’m guessing the full disk is the reason why.

Hi,
Just want to inform you:
osm.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/, queue = 0 requests (~0 days), status = OK
But I get the message: not found
sfs4.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/, queue = 1 requests (~0 days), status = **Disk full **

Thanks

Hi
I have tried numerous times to request a manual tiles. I enter my email address and get the first email but never get the 2nd and no link to my map. Can someone please respond as to what the problem is. Its worked in the past , why not know?
thanks

It has worked in the past but sometimes there are issues with the server. Keep trying it later if the status shows OK again.

Server status:
osm.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/, queue = 0 requests (~0 days), status = OK
osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/, queue = 2 requests (~0 days), status = OK
sfs4.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/, queue = 0 requests (~0 days), status = Disk full

Hi there
Is this the reason why i can’t reveice a second email also? I’ve tried many times on different email accounts and checked the spam box as well. And if this is the problem, when can it be solved?

Thank you

Try a different provider until fixed…
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download

I Understand, but those files are too big for a garmin edge 520. You can’t choose a small area in the wiki map.

If you take a look at e.g. http://extract.bbbike.org/ you can select any area.

I did that but when i open garmin it says that the maps can’t be openend:-S

There are special instructions for the Edge520 on the DCRainmaker site which may also assist getting the bbbike garmin suitable map on your unit.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/05/download-garmin-705800810.html/amp?client=safarix

Hi,

just to let you know: the big RAID system attached to the “sfs4” server died finally. It was already flacky for quite some time, but now it seems to be finally dead.

The system was, like everything we use, pretty dated (~10 years). Running these services for the community requires quite a substantial infrastructre (esp. disk space and network), so we rely on sorted out hardware.

Lambertus took the server out of the production queue, the remain servers do work ok. So besides longer waiting times, the service should be usable again.

We are currently investigating if there are any alternative solutions, to make the service better again.

After I download a map or maps, it goes to “Downloads”, naturally. Can someone please tell me the folder the files belong in so that they will be recognized by Basemap? I want to use Basemap to transfer the files to my Legend H.
I’ve done this before, but for the life of me can’t figure it out this time.
Thanks,
John Addison

What operating system do you use? Windows? Mac?
If you use the windows installer, you can specify where you want to put those files, it doesnt matter where.

Well, something is wrong then. I tried putting them in the Basemap folder and Basemap simply does not recognize that they are there. The only maps I can see available are the Global Map and a map named mtg_vm0w. To be honest, I’ve never had this problem before and was thinking I’d forgotten how to do it. I re-downloaded Basemap with no better result.

p.s. I’m using Windows 10. I extracted the file osm_generic_new_tiles in downloads and it automatically put the files into a folder with the same name, also in downloads. I keep feeling I’ve missed something obvious here.

Those tiles zip is not the right file. You need to download the windows version which contains an exe installer which will place it automatically into the right folder.

Thanks! I did that and it worked fine in Basemap. Any idea how I can identify individual maps in Basemap so I can transfer some of them to my Etrex Legend H? I downloaded the whole of B.C. Canada hoping I could identify the individual maps so I could transfer some of them at a time from Basemap to the Etrex depending on which area i would be in. ( I used to do this with MapSource but it won’t work on Windows 10). Or do I have to do this directly from OpenStreetMap?

Sorry but I don’t understand what you mean with individual maps? You seem to have an old gps unit. You can only transfer one map on that unit and the file name must be gmapsupp.img. You can rename it something.img but your device will not recognize it.
Mapsource will work on windws 10, you can download it from http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209

I see. I realize you can only load one map at a time. What I did in Mapsource was to highlight the tiles I wanted to download and they would transfer to the Etrex as one file. I was hoping to be able to do the same with Basemap. Thanks for the info on Mapsource.