OpenStreetMap Forum

The Free Wiki World Map

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A fix has been applied to the login system for the forums - if you have trouble logging in please contact support@openstreetmap.org with both your forum username and your OpenStreetMap username so we can make sure your accounts are properly linked.

#1 2016-02-29 15:00:14

geoeki

OSMand: create POI, only amenity possible?

Following this recent blog entry I tried using OSMand not just for navigating, but also for editing. Upon creating a new POI I have to select a name for it as well as a tag. I can chose from several tag types (leasure, transportation, natural, etc.) but when I check on advanced, the dafault is always 'amenity', no matter which tag I chose. I can add additional tags below the amenity tag and it works there, but I can't change the default amenity tag.

What am I doing wrong or is this a known issue with OSMand? Thanks!

#2 2016-02-29 17:22:20

stephan75

Re: OSMand: create POI, only amenity possible?

I can confirm this with latest nightly version just some days old.

The tag "amenity" can not be deleted.

So I recommend to ask this on the Osmand googlegroup mailinglist:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/osmand

Or if you have some experience with github.com, open an issue there for osmand directly.

#3 2016-02-29 17:32:29

geoeki

Done as requested, put an open issue on github, thx for clarification.

#4 2017-02-13 20:57:16

cartolinguaphile

I've been adding non-amenity POIs regularly in OsmAnd. The process is:

After selecting create POI, switch to the Advanced view.
Ignore the top part of the form and instead, scroll down to the add tag button.
Enter a key (eg "note") and value (eg "temporary node for alignment purpose---please don't delete")
When you save the POI, you'll get a message asking whether you really want to save it without an amenity type. Confirm that you do.

So basically---leave the parts of the form blank that don't apply, and manually add the tags you want.

I mostly use this to leave notes for myself without leaving OsmAnd, or for marking the positions of things which I can see more clearly in OsmAnd than Vespucci. Later I go to Vespucci to do the proper editing.

The screen expects you to choose an amenity type and a name---but in fact, you don't have to.

Last edited by cartolinguaphile (2017-02-13 21:02:42)

Board footer