You are not logged in.

Announcement

*** NOTICE: forum.openstreetmap.org is being retired. Please request a category for your community in the new ones as soon as possible using this process, which will allow you to propose your community moderators.
Please create new topics on the new site at community.openstreetmap.org. We expect the migration of data will take a few weeks, you can follow its progress here.***

#1 2017-01-09 17:42:22

pietari2

Show only one country in ios

I am completely new to OSM and i am considering using it in my app. How difficult would it be using swift to show only one country in ios? Is there any API? i will be making money, so if i use an api will i have to pay? If it isn't possible to only show one country, how to show a world map in swift?

#2 2017-01-09 21:10:58

SomeoneElse

Re: Show only one country in ios

#3 2017-01-09 23:51:48

aseerel4c26
Website

Re: Show only one country in ios

pietari2, hi and welcome! What should the "API" do? I guess you want more than just raw geo data from it, right? Rather a toolkit to show a map?

OpenStreetMap itself does not offer such an "API". We only offer the raw, free data to be used (and some services for very low volume usage). Many other third-party services are available - based on that data. Some are free of cost, others are paid.

Please read about bit about OSM https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Develop before we continue here.

Board footer