OSM vs STRAVA

Buongiorno Ragazzi,

Ho provato ad utilizzare il Supporto di Strava ma non sono riusciti a risolvermi il problema.
Il generatore di percorsi di STRAVA utilizza le mappe di OSM e, quando si vuole creare un percorso, “segue” i segmenti precedentemente creati con OSM e ne completa automaticamente il percorso senza dover eseguire punto a punto il completamento. Se ad esempio voglio creare un percorso da Bologna a Modena, seguirà automaticamente un determinato percorso.

Il problema avviene perché io ho creato una serie di segmenti nel territorio di Savigno (BO) con OSM che vengono correttamente visualizzati sul generatore di STRAVA, ma non avviene il completamento automatico di questi ultimi.

Prendo ad esempio le coordinate 44.369291, 11.103721 (incrocio Gardellina con Via Merlano) e voglio creare un percorso che si collega a metà del percorso denominato “Vecchio Comune”, poco sotto in direzione sud. Strava non esegue il completamento automatico perché è come se non vedesse il segmento da me creato chiamato “Vecchio Comune”.

Scusate per la lunghezza della domanda, in realtà il problema pratico è molto semplice, ma non sono riuscito a risolverlo.

Grazie
Valerio

Puoi mettere un link alla discussione sul supporto Strava?

Ci siamo scritti via mail, ecco lo scambio:

IO:
Good Morning,
I tried to create a segment with OpenStreetMap hoping it would be possible to use it to create a route with strava.
The segment that I created is a path but is not considered as a valid path by Strava. How do I create a path that passes by that path? In the image that will enclose, I would create a path passing through the “Vecchio Comune” which is the path that I have created with OSM but I can’t .
Thanks a lot
Best Regards

STRAVA:
Hello,
Just as a clarification, it sounds like we are talking about Routes, not Segments. Routes are the navigating tool we have, whereas Segments are the part of Strava that matches to your rides and compares your efforts against yourself and others. So I believe we’re looking at building a Route, is that correct?
If you are trying to build a Route in Strava and you want it to go somewhere that’s not a recognized street or trail in OSM, you can turn on the “Manual Mode” toggle on the top grey bar of the Route Builder. When you turn that on you can place waypoints wherever you’d like. If you find that you’ve taken your path back to a street and want the tool to start following recognized paths again, just turn off the “Manual Mode” toggle switch and it should do that.
Hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions about this.
Best,
Nick
Strava Support Team

IO:
Hello Nick,
Thanks for the answer and sorry for my english!
The manual mode is not suitable in my case because the route already exists in OSM. Strava, normally, calculates the route from point to point if the path is already present on the OSM.
I try to explain an example in my territory:
Coordinate 44.369291, 11.103721 (crossroad Gardellina with Via Merlano). I want to create a Route from this point to “Vecchio Comune”. In attached i indicated with the number one arrow the point of departure and the number two arrow the point of arrival. The Route denominated “Vecchio Comune” has been created by me in OSM. This is impossibile with strava. Which is the problem?
Thanks for the reply
Bye bye!

STRAVA:
Hi there,
I think I understand now. The Route Builder tool on Strava is still in Beta (development) mode, so its features are limited. The Route Builder has limited abilities to edit existing routes, for example.
In this case, you won’t be able to upload the route you created in OSM directly into the Route Builder and have it show up the same way. You’d have to start building your route from scratch in the Route Builder to get it to look like you want, and it sounds like you may have to use the “Manual Mode” toggle for a few parts to get it to go where your OSM route is already going.
Hope this is clear.
Have a good day.
Best,
Nick
Strava Support Team