You are not logged in.

Announcement

*** NOTICE: By 30th of September 2022 the forum.openstreetmap.org will be retired, please request a category for your community in the new ones as soon as possible using this process, which will allow you to propose your community moderators. We expect the migration of data will be finished by that date, you can follow its progress here.***

#1 2010-02-11 20:25:43

RetiredInNH
Website

New to OSM

In the summers of 2007-2008 I spent some time hiking in Switzerland (mainly in theValais) and collected many tracklogs.  I have just discovered OSM, and would like to upload most of them.  Today I uploaded three, they are here.  I would very much appreciate comments and advice before I start uploading and editing the rest!

If you reply in French I can understand it, if in German I will see what Google Translate does (usually not a very good job smile).

#2 2010-02-12 16:53:35

t-i
Website

Re: New to OSM

Hello,

Any help in the alps is very welcome! I see you already started to convert your tracks to OSM-Highways, and so far it looks quite fine to me.

Just two comments:

1)

• highway=track is for wider ways that are usuable for vehicles like tractors or 4x4 (e.g. Jeep)

• highway=path is for narrower ways that are only used by hikers and mountainbikers

If you don't remember, I would recommend to tag it as a highway=path

2)
Some of your ways are not connected to each other.

• To end a way "on" another way, you have to move your pointer near the second way. If the nodes turn blue, you're near enough and you can click - the new way is connected on the old one.

• To start a way "on" an other way, you have to select the old way first.

• If there is already a node where your new way starts, press "shift" and click on the node to start a new way

• Otherwise press shift and klick on the way where you want your new way to start - a new node on the way is created. Proceed as above. smile

Have a look at Lonvias Hiking Map, it's a map for the hiking network in Switzerland (and worldwide):
http://osm.lonvia.de/hiking.html

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Greetings from Switzerland,
Thomas

http://rollstuhlkarte.ch/ - Jetzt mit öV-Fahrplan der Schweiz.

Board footer