Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

With the tiles from 27-01-2010 there are no streetnames available at the Garmin Etrex Vista HCx, only the first letter and then …

The search for addresses doesn’t work any more, because of the missing streetnames.

No problems with the tiles from 20-01-2010.

Just to inform you,

flux.

Indeed. I inspected Irkoetsk. All streetnames are lowercase. (I mean not forced to uppercase). The KML file loads quick indeed.

Thanks for letting me know, I’ve gone back to the previous release of the 20th. I have updated Mkgmap for the latest release which probably contains a bug or I need to reconfigure).

I use mkgmap-r1537 without problems for a german map. Streetnames are shown proberly.

flux.

What happens if you add --latin1 as a parameter for Mkgmap?

BTW, I’ve committed a new version of the website which reenables the country selection again. This time the country selection is dynamically configured so that it works with each new map release. Thanks to Greencaps for providing the matchit application. I’ll expect to add more countries in the coming days

I use

java -Xmx2600M -jar ../mkgmap-r1537/mkgmap.jar --family-name="EU-S" --area-name="EU-S" --max-jobs=2 --latin1 --description="EU-S" --country-name="EU-S" --country-abbr="EU-S" --route --gmapsupp --draw-priority=10 --add-pois-to-areas --make-all-cycleways --link-pois-to-ways --remove-short-arcs --net --check-roundabouts --check-roundabout-flares --max-flare-length-ratio=5 --series-name="EU-S" --adjust-turn-headings --code-page=1252 --location-autofill=1 --road-name-pois 632400*

Streetnames are shown proberly.

flux.

Thanks, I assume this was a one off update then. I’ll upgrade to the latest Mkgmap Thursday (when the next update is started).

Edit: The server disk was full again. I’ve cleared the failed renderings, so some of you might get a 404 error when trying to open the link in the email… This time I’ve also changed the combine script so that it backs-off if the disk is too full. This will result in delayed renderings instead of failed renderings. I hope y’all don’t mind sometimes to wait a bit longer until the disk has some space again…

Have a look at your alaska polygon. Is it ok? Selecting alaska brings unsuspected tiles. Please send me the polygon if necessary.

Re: the problem with street labels. I think this was fixed with mkgmap r1534
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2010q1/006895.html

Thanks, I’ll upgrade Mkgmap on the next update.

Hello all, I am new user so forgive me if I am asking simple things.
I have problem - every map i compile is not searchable - i get message “please enter state” and then “none found”
Why is that and how can it be fixed?

Does this help?

I do not exactly understand.
I compile maps and copy gmapsupp.img to my garmin.
When I choose " find address" I have first question “enter state”.
Whtever i put it says no matches.
it does not ask me about country at all, so I do not have option to input any number.

Maybe I am compiling maps wrong?

Do you use Mkgmap or my website for compiling your maps?

I am using website

Ok, well I’ve worked through the Mkgmap mailinglist and this appears to be a problem specific to Nüvi owners (maybe Dakota and Oregon as well). It is a Mkgmap problem and will be sorted one day… they are working on it.

I am having this problem on ZUMO.
It also appears on Garmin Mobile PC (desktop and handheld device).

Countries are also not recognized in Mapsource.
Is this normal?

On my Oregon 300 I solve it in this way:

• search for towns
  • if you find your town, choose it and press at the next screen the displaybutton with the three circles (it is placed where the abc button is shown while you are searching for towns)
  • then search for pois (I use --road-name-pois for my maps to have the streetnames listed in “all pois”) and choose your streetname

In this way I find all adresses available in the used map.

flux.

I’ve just downloaded The Netherlands from the website and installed it in MapSource. When I type just ‘N’ (in Find Places → City → Country) I already get a list of countries to choose from with Nederland as first choice. The same goes with ‘U’ which lists United Kingdom first. So that appears to work rather well.

City option: Typing ‘Apel’ gives the city Apeldoorn as first item.

State/Province option: Typing ‘Antw’ gives the city Antwerpen as first item.

If I enter in Find Places → Address:
Number: 1
Street: Kayersdijk
City: Apeldoorn

and then click search then the correct street is found. But if I enter the country name as well then the street could not be found…

So your mileage may vary depending on the things you enter.

Lambertus, the Garmins are quite different.

Your method is working fine with the Extrex Vista HCx, but NOT with the Oregon 300. The Oregon 300 shows me a command to enter the country or province for the searched town and NO entry can satisfy this question, ALWAYS you will get the answer “NO RESULT”.

With the Oregon 300 I NEVER can use the address search, I have to search for a town and then nearby this town for pois (where I have listed all my streets with mkgmap option --road-name-pois).

flux.