calling for OSM mappers in Bangkok

Hi dear all OSM mappers in Bangkok!

My name is Ariana and I am working for EU’s first civic tech startup that is building an app to intelligently improve urban mobility and to help the commotion of people in large cities. We are using some OSM data, but we also contribute to the community with other data. It is thanks to OSM mappers in different regions that innovative solutions like ours can be created.

We know as well that public transports are crazy and complicated in Bangkok; and we want to help change that and make a difference in the lives of citizens. It will not be easy but I believe it is achievable. Thus, I was wondering if some of you would be interested in being a beta tester (and beyond) & have exclusive access to the app before it was officially released?

If you are interested in being part of something big and joining our global community, sign up here: http://bit.ly/1AfDItz I will send you an email in the coming days with more details and access to the beta.

Thank you very much!
I wish you all a great sunny day.

Greetings from Berlin,
Ariana

Hi Ariana,

Just a question, if we participate in this, what will the app developers be giving back to the community?

The original message was cross-posted to three different country groups on the forum.

I wonder why you need to be an OSM community member to participate in a beta test.

The software is probably not as special as the announcement makes you believe. But that’s marketing. You just can’t say that you are doing a similar app than other companies before.

As OSM made you app possible, I hope you will thank the community by following the license. So in any case attribution is a requirement. In case your data is derived from OSM in any way that derived database must be made available under the ODbL license.

In case your company is planning to employ people to improve the mapping, (all companies I know which work with OSM data do so), please get in touch with the community before making larger edits. Especially if you think of adding any unusual tags to the data.
It’s also recommend to identify the paid mappers by listing their accounts in the wiki.

I won’t participate in the beta as public transport in Chiang Mai might be crazy, but not being able to be handled by an app.