OpenStreetMap meta data collector

Yes, but i could record elevation tags like POI’s since they are indicates in some locations.

Are you wanting to enter peaks?

eg

natural=peak
ele=x
name=*

I like the application, but it’s quite difficult to use when driving.
I think a better user interface like OSMtracker will be better with big icons.
screenshots here : http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSMtracker#Screenshots

To be honest I found a mobile phone too limiting in general and bought a netbook to drive about with.

Hi,

Thanks for this application, I used it to add some streets around my step mother’s home, very useful. But I still have an issue with the voice recorder. It doesn’t seems to works : I clicked record audio, and spent a day saying in which street I was, but when I went home, no audio file was created. Have I done it wrong ?

By the way, you should really consider hosting your project on a dedicated place. Someone on this thread suggested you to use google code, and iirc you said you didn’t want to be too tied with google, which is understandable. Others hosting services exists that don’t belongs to google. Have a look at launchpad or sourceforge.

I haven’t played with the audio recording much since I coded it, but the best results I had was with the headset on, the built in mic needs to be held very close to the mouth as I couldn’t work out how to switch on hands free type mic volume.

I also said I’d need to get permission to release the code, as the code was sponsored by bigtincan.com

I did use the headset, and my problem is not a volume issue : It doesn’t record anything (there is no audio file on the sdcard), do I need to do anything after clicking “Record audio” to start the actual recording ?

Ooops, I missed that, sorry. Then, can bigtincan host a bug tracker and a forum for this app ?

Yes. Peaks and locations.

Is it possible to mak a menupoint for changing the place where the data are saved?
Because on the Galaxy ther is /sdcard the internal flash and /sdcard/sd the real sd-card. i don’t like to save the data internal and under linux i can’t acces the /sdcard, only /sdcard/sd is visible.
thnx

I thought I was using the API call to tell me which was external storage. Will have to look into it some more.

Maybe Samsung uses an other way for datastorage with the plugged sd-card. On the galaxy there are 3 Memorypartitions (in the settings), Internal SD (8GB), external SD (8GB, the real SD-card) an about 900MB phonememory. Afair is on the G1 /sdcard the real sdcard.

I thought I was using the API call to tell me which was external storage. Will have to look into it some more.

thanks.

PS: I can now acces both, internal flash and sdcard, i forgot to enable “scan all lun” in the kernel :frowning: .

I like this app very much, so I want to help out by making some bugreports/feature-requests and apparently this is the best way to do that. Looking forward to updates. Is DroidCollector open-source and where/how can someone help with the development?

1. Offline feature. I do not have 3G everywhere and map-loading is terribly slow when I use GPRS or have bad reception. When I track my movements, I just want to able to do just that. No need to view existing maps and slow the app down.
  2. Feature to enable/disable tracking. It has happened a couple of times that when I start DroidCollector, it shows me all of my previous tracks that are still on the card. I do not want this slowing anything down, I just want my new map (or maps I have selected or am have done that day). No need to display them all.
  3. The app has become unresponsive in some cases, didn’t find anything yet that could cause this.

I think you should get these issues solved ASAP. I don’t want to discourage you as this program seems to be very good and is helping out OSM. On the other hand, you have released a program based on osmdroid which is licensed under the GPL, so under those terms you need to make your source code available under the GPL as well.

Another solution would be to contact the developers of osmdroid and see if they will license the code to you under a different arrangement.

For some reason I thought it was BSD licensed, probably due to the weird arrangement with andnav2 not being fully open source I guess. I’ll push an update shortly removing their code as I won’t get an answer from work any sooner.

The app was set to share a tile cache with andnav2, but I’m going to remove the OSM side of things for the time being till work gets sorted out or something.

It actually stores a memory blob to the sdcard with the gps points, you can remove these without touching the GPS trace by going to the delete menu.

Too much track data… and I can’t figure out how to do the GPS track any better.

1. Ah, I also have andnav2 installed (what are the odds), so if I need to view maps/tiles, I can just start that. Note: andnav2 needs lots of power, don’t leave it on for too long.
  2. I know, I found them (to upload/edit with JOSM). I did remove them manually already :wink:
  3. Ah, thanks for that info.

Thanks for being quick to respond and updating/fixing/creating the app in the first place. Looking forward to the updates :slight_smile:

I’m not able to find anymore this application on the android market.
So… where can I find this application and how should I do to install it ?

I feel that the droidcollector is now part of the product of BigTinCan.com and it new brand name is:
BTC Mapper

I’m already excited to see how this application looks like.

You can stil get it from here :
http://slideme.org/application/droidcollector-4-osm

Seems like the “free” DroidCollector was replaced by the BTC Mapper.
Couldn’t find it on SlideMe or other Portals.

Good that I saved the APK file from my last download :slight_smile: