Kendzi3D - 3D Viewer as plugin for JOSM.

Moin

Just to note: current JOSM plugin had a link to openstreetmap.pl - which is no more reachable.
It moved to openstreetmap.org.pl
Just to note you

Amiga4000

I had change links, so both plugin and preset should be available by JOSM plugin and preset manager.

Hi Kendzi,

I try to get the latest version working using the JOSM plugin manager. But If I restart, I get

Using the ubuntu package manager, I installed already log4j and jogl2 of course, so what is missing?

Moin

Kendzi did change some parts and moved some functions out into several JOSM plugins. Go to JOSM settings for plugins and install those two plugins extra, restart JOSM and 3D does work again.

Amiga4000

At the moment I could not download Kendzi3d Plugin or the simple3D builsdings in Josm. Do I something wrong?

I just tested download and it works fine. Perhaps there was a problem with hosting. Can you check today?

I try agian wihtout any success.
It seems to be a problem to reach http://www.openstreetmap.org.pl

I ask someone else for test and it is working. Do you use proxy, vpn or non standard dns server? Can you ping host www.openstreetmap.org.pl ? It should return ip 195.2.255.33.

If it is problem width dns server, you can try to setup as primary dns ip: 62.129.252.31 (from dns.home.pl)

I can send ping to www.openstreetmap.org.pl the IP is 195.2.255.33 too. But I get only timeout.

Hi again I tried to get Kendzi3D running, but on JOSM startup (NAG screen still open), a new Kendzi3D window appears but the whole editor startup is blocked (still NAG screen displaying "checking plugin requirements kendzi3d)

Tried to log something on console, but not very detailed IMHO:

Any ideas?

Please repack file
/home/matthias/.josm/plugins/kendzi3d.jar
Inside this archive copy file /resources/log4j.properties to location /log4j.properties

Run JOSM in console as before and send logs.

Is anything displayed inside Kendzi3D window?

Back at home I could download the plugin without any problems. Maybe you can host the Kendzi3D where the other 2 plugins are hosted.

Plugin was moved to different hosting yesterday, so it should work. I will move preset tomorrow.

Thank you! But now at home I can’t test it by the other internet provider. Here the download work well and openstreetmap.org.pl is working too. For me it was interessting that I could donwload too plugins and but not the third main plugin.

For me it is mystery why it wasn’t working. Where was complaining from other people too. But it is problem with hosting. I hope that new location will work better. I will move all files in few days.

Hy, one question about the dormers:

What if the dormer don’t start at the edge of the roof. With the roof rows it is not optimal. it seems that there are only 5 rows possible, so i can let start a dormer at only 5 different points. it would be better if i could set the value in meter.
there is a tag in wiki:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:3D_building/Dormer#Eigene_Gauben

3dr:dormer:1:depth=1m but it seems that it is not supported in the viewer.

EDIT:
i’ve seen you support several tags ‘…:color’. i think in OSM there is always used ‘…:colour’, the british notation.

I currently read only 5 rows. How many rows should be allowed?

This way of tagging dormers was shown as idea and it hasn’t been implemented yet. It is base on dormers index and maybe it isn’t best way to do it. If you have any ideas please write them on wiki in discussion tab (best in English).

Yes officially it is used colour tag in OSM, but many people use color so I support them both.

I don’t know if more than 5 rows are needed. but with this kind of tagging i could only split the roof in 5 parts, where I can place the dormer.
For example if I have a 5 meter roof and the dormer is 1m away from the edge, I have to place the dormer in row 2. and I have to set a row 5 with no dormer (‘3dr:dormers:front:row5=-’). if i don’t set row 5, the row 2 is in the middle of the roof.
Because of this I meant, setting the distance from the edge in meters with a tag would be better.

There are few things to work out with dormers. Currently the easiest way is to add tag 3dr:dormers:front:row5:depth for entire dormers row. We need to work out easy way to add custom tags for each dormer. Some time ago someone proposed to use nodes for dormers.

I for some time try to focus on adding new roof shapes and editor capabilities. So it is good time to write down some ideas about dormers.

New things:

• Holes on flat roofs:

• new half-round roof (5.2)

The round depends on roof:height tag.

In next release I will change behavior of roof:direction tag. Currently it is pointing form left to right side of building. After change it will pointing to roof front. As it is discussed here.

In current version v169 I added support for multi-layer texture. Netzwolf prepare multi-layer texture for colored brick. Currently it is possible to change only background color and color of mortar between the bricks can’t be changed. But it looks much better then old brick texture.

Currently roof parts of wall aren’t using new textures. Comparison between old and new textures:

Short description how to configure textures.

I hope Netzwolf prepare some more textures :wink: