Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

I use MapSetToolKit. It is a simple tool to use for your purpose. It is a free download. What I did was to first come up with a Family ID for each of the countries (or in the case of larger countries, provinces). I used a system that assigns the following block of numbers:

1000-1999 = Africa
2001-2999 = Asia
3000-3999 = Europe
4000-4999 = North America
5000-5999 = (Spare)
6000-6999 = Oceania
7000-7999 = South America

For North America, I use 4000-4399 for Canada and 4500-4999 for USA so that for a map of the state of Alabama has a family ID of 4505 as I simply assigned the states a number in alphabetical order in increments of 5, e.g.:

4500 North America USA
4505 North America USA AL ALABAMA
4510 North America USA AK ALASKA
4515 North America USA AS AMERICAN SAMOA
4520 North America USA AZ ARIZONA

Since the OSM generic maps from this site install with a Family ID of 2000. I never use 2000 for any maps. I install the maps into specific folders, for example, Australia goes into C:/Garmin/Maps/Oceania/Australia. After it is installed, I then run MapSetToolKit and select the map just installed into FamilyID 2000, click the edit button and change the Mapset name to OSM Australia, the registry name to OSM Australia and the family ID to my choice of 6050. I apply the changes and that is it!

Cheers,

Peter

A new Openfietsmap Lite update is online which uses tile id’s 6344xxxx :slight_smile:

Nice, but I only see red tiles…

Crap. Why did I only check the directory contents and not the site as well? :roll_eyes:

Another bug, I think I know where. Working on it…

Looks like the bug has infected the Generic Routable too, it is bleeding too :stuck_out_tongue:

Hallo,

wollte mir gerade eine Karte runterladen. Leider sind noch rote Felder dazwischen.
Ich hoffe Ihr könnt den Fehler beheben und weiterhin diesen super Dienst bereitstellen.

Grüße aus Bayern

LaCarpa :slight_smile:

Hello,

I just wanted to download a map. Unfortunately red fields are in between.
I hope you can fix the error and continue to provide this great service.

Greetings from Bavaria

I’ve reverted back to the previous version, fixed the bug which caused the ‘red tiles’ (hopefully) and started a new update. Anyone who received a link to an empty map should request their map again. Sorry about that…

Many thanks for the quick repair. I don’t download maps here very often and assumed I’d done something wrong. All of Berlin is now selectable.

Thank you very much for the repair. Everything works perfectly again.

greeting

I just got back from a +5000km trip and the OSM data served me quite well yet again. In regards to my Mac problems on the previous page, it seems to work great now that I got the Oct 2 Basecamp update :slight_smile:

I’m applying for a visa to Myanmar, so maybe I should learn how to submit traces to osm just in case :open_mouth:

The OFM tilenames are less than 8 digits now…

You’ve managed to check the new result in the first half-hour since it got online while I was doing all sorts of tests and debug-runs. The previous bug was unfortunately only partially fixed and now completely (I think). A new update is running.

Some seemingly ‘small’ changes have huge impact in nearly every stage of the rendering. I get (and forget) that lesson often in this complex chain of automated multiple maps rendering stages.

Update: Redering still results in some missing tiles. This appears to be a completely different problem, not related with the map id’s.

Arrrrggghhhh :open_mouth:

Edit:
One bug has to do with updating the (un-)available tiles. I’ve done some tests and it seems to work better now (can’t remember what I really changed :roll_eyes:).
Another bug is: the maximum render/subsplit depth is reached prematurely. Should be fixed also.

We’ll see what happens with the next update.

For the first time in a number of updates the OpenFietsmap Lite looks normal without intervention. Pfieuw! :sunglasses:

Well done Lambertus,
But if I look at an already generated set I see only 4 files?

tiles.txt
openfietsmap_lite_tiles.zip
country.txt
20011.typ

Hmm, this only seems to concern the OpenFietsMap lite… investigating.

Update: problem found and solved. It was a very silly thing, best not to say what… :roll_eyes:

I removed all the faulty results and recreated some, so if you get a 404 Not Found error then just request your map again.

Eggie reported the following bug:
http://forum.gps.nl/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=37645&p=322479#p322479
When sending tiles to the GPS Mapsource crashes.

Looks like this only happens with maps generated with mkgmap-r2337 (OFM Lite, France 15/10).
Belgium (15.10) doesn’t crash (generated with r2328)

Edit: r3737 works ok with the Generic map as a few OFM lite tiles from France so the bug is somewhere else.
Maybe there is one or a few tiles in OFM Lite France that are bugging the index, have to investigate more…

Edit 2: 63440190.img is causing the index to crash.
Maybe isolate this img until we find the cause?

Files are here: http://osm.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/ofm_bug/

Thanks Lambertus,
I think the bug is somewhere in my Lite styles, if I use a newer version it won’t crash anymore.
I’'ll let you know when I have found the bug. :wink:

The bug is caused by place=locality, 24000 nodes in that problematic tile alone, made the index crash.
So better avoid also the OFM Lite version of Spain until further notice.