Draw order for lines?

Hi,

I just noticed that in one place on my map river and “national border” are in same place (quite usual situation).
That means border is covered by river.
For polygons there is “draw order” in TYP editor and it is possible decide what will be on top and what below… not for lines.
Is there some possibility to do same for lines?
Or even better … can be both lines drawn side by side to be both visible all the time?

regards

mira

Unfortunately you can’t set the draw order for lines , it is trial and error what appears on your Garmin (unless you work with different map layers)
You can draw them side by side by making bitmaps, one line you fill only one half and leave the other half transparent, and for the other line you do the opposite.

This works perfectly I used this just for border line, because my line for river shows direction of stream so I think in some cases they could cover each other If I would do it exactly your way .

Many thanks

mira

Hello all,

I have one other issue probably related to this topic.
I had a bridge symbol 0x46 and I couldn’t get it displayed whatever I was doing. Than I just change it to 0x26 in my TYP file and changed line file references to 0x26 too of course and it is displayed correctly.

Can somebody explain me this issue pls?

I also having problem to get displayed cycleways and think it could be same problem.

regards

mira

Garmin has only a very limited range for line types and not all of them are even routable, see the pdf manual http://cgpsmapper.com/manual.htm page 117-118

Thank you that is what I was looking for!
Great chart there.

mira