JOSM imagery not working

I am using the latest JOSM (5267), but have been seeing this for the last several versions. I run Linux Mint 9, if it makes a difference.

The imagery layers don’t work properly. If I try to show an OS Open Data layer, for example, it displays a completely different and unidentifiable piece of map, at the wrong scale and repeated tile fashion. I’ll do a screenshot if it will help. Is this a known problem? I have had a look through the JOSM active tickets, but can’t find anything similar.

Please open a new ticket and write a bug report.

So, as you have seen, it seems to be specific to this machine, so maybe it is better disciussed here. For others’ benefit, I also have a problem with some imagery not displaying correctly. I’m now running JOSM version 5356. I have tested on a laptop also running LM13 and JOSM, and it works fine. The same JRE is used on both machines (openjdk-6-jre). I have tried openjdk-7-jre but the behaviour is the same.

Tried Oracle JRE from instructions here, but get a 404 not found on the repository. Any other ideas?

So nobody can help?

Try deleting your preferences directory? See http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Help/ResetPreferences

Woohoo, that did the trick! Thank you. It is now working normally.