How to make the driver direction is always the north direction

Hi, all,
I am looking for some free APIs or library to mashup a mobile navigation application, and I will use the OSM tile as the base map. I am just using the free libaray j2memap, But it did not provide such a API that could rotate the map so that the driver direction is always the north direction! By the way, I have found that the VGPS software provide the similar function, But it is not free. I have also tried to rotate the map tile, but this method not only distorts the map image,but also upside down the road name information when you rotate the map image by 180 degree. Could anyone help me? Or if there is other solution to make the driver direction always the north direction? :frowning: I have been stucked by this problem for several weeks. So any Suggestion is welcomed. Please help me! Thanks!:slight_smile:
Regards.
tao

If this is for an embedded device rotating images is an expensive operation to do and uses a lot of CPU to do it.

Sure, Rotating the map tile did consume a lot of memory, and the worse thing is that it distorts the map tile. Please have a look at VGPS application, It can rotate the map smoothly so that the driving direction is always the north direction! Maybe it uses the vector map data, But i am not sure. I believe this function is useful to many people! So, Please help, :slight_smile: thanks.
regards.
tao

AndNav2 can rotate the images as well, but it’s not the best thing to do in terms of battery life etc.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will have a look at the AndNav. As far as i know,it is based on AndRoid platform, and I wonder if this platform applies to the Nokia mobile device? Thank you very much!
Regards.
tao

By the way, I want to deploy the appliction to the Nokia N97.