Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

Hey Lambertus,

If i download from the beta site http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/index_new.php i get tiles.txt and generic_tiles.zip , but not the gmapsupp.img and not the excecutable for mapsource. Is this because i download from the betasite and is it going to change on the final site? Or did something went wrong?

EDIT: The problem already shows in a quick download of 1 country, see for example for the Netherlands: http://osm.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/generic/20-06-2012/542e0725a3bcefb7e1ebbd78ba447969/

Hoi,

I had the same experience. Only the “tiles”. No possibility for getting the map into mapsource with the windowinstaller.

I also tried “the Netherlands”.

Eggie

Thug, eggie, the error log shows a problem with the script. I’m looking into this.

Edit: fixed. Affected maps deleted, please request your map again if your map appears to be missing on the server.

Hi to All,
I’ve downloaded the “checked” “Russian Federation” tiles, and then downloaded the compiled file from the index page (via email announcement), “osm_routable_mapsource.exe”, 93.7MB and installed it, with no probs.
Then I downloaded “Germany”, with the same email announcement procedure, however, with the same name, of the first one: “osm_routable_mapsource.exe”, 888 MB.
When I tried to install the second “German” Map, it said, the “osm_world _routable_Map” is already installed, and if I want to reinstall again, click etc, etc…At the end, the Russian Map was disappeared, instead the “German” map was installed. (so obviously one map only was allowed?!?)
Now I changed the 1. original exe file name with an index" _Russia", but by installing, it did NOT work with to different OSM maps!!
Question: How can I install on Mapsource, several country maps , without the “NameConfliction”, (although they all named same in my case:" osm_routable_mapsource.exe"). What do I have to do to avoide this, or how can I change the name on Mapsource “OSM World Routable” map regarding of the different countries, any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks.
Galip

P.S.: I hope I am at the right place here (thread).

Hi Galip,

You may use JaVaWa GMTK (Google)
http://www.javawa.nl/gmtk.html

The ID is the same so you have to change this ID and that is the reason it does’nt work. Javawa GMTK is the tool to do this.

Succes,

Eggie

The FAQ may also be useful.

Hi Lambertus,

Thank’s … the error has been fixed and I’ve got the map of the Netherlands. It looks pretty good with the mapnik background.

Eggie

Great. Fixed a few other bugs and included some stuff from requests etc today, so I think it’s about time for the beta baby to get some prime time. :smiley:

Hope all goes well…

Thanks Eggie and Lambertus, great tool, I also read the FAQ and started the procedure as follows:
In “Extra” - “Change Map Name and ID” I did change everything which was available:
Family ID from 2000 to 905,
Name on Computer, (RussiaOSM)
Name on Device, (RussiaOSM)
Folder Name (RussiaOSM)

However, when I tried to install the bigger “Germany” Map it said again:

“OSM World Routable is already installed”
Click “OK” to remove the previous version or “Cancel” to cancel this upgrade.

BTW, I did use the CTRL G several times, and repeated the whole procedure 3 times with the same result!
Any ideas? Thanks…

P.S.: I wonder how the name “OSM orld Routable” can still remain, although everything has been changed, am I doing something wrong?
P.P.S.:The Tool is great, if only it would work:D:D:D

P.P.P.S.: GArmin GPSMAP 60CSx, GPSMAP62s, JaVaWa GMTK Ver2.4

Howdy Eggie & Lambertus and others,
Interestingly enough, now I tried one more, and it said again:

“OSM World Routable is already installed”
Click “OK” to remove the previous version or “Cancel” to cancel this upgrade.

I clicked “OK” and it started to install, and at the end, surprise surprise, both Maps were installed, the first one as “RussiaOSM” and the German Map as "OSM World Routable (01-04-2012)… Just for your records…!
When I install another OSM, I will of course change the last installed Map ID as well, and so on…
The Maps are excellent, good on OSM
Thanks again…!

P.S.: Mapsource ver. 6.16.3
P.P.S.: Meanwhile Italia is in Semifinal, that may have triggered the JaVaWaGmtk2.4 to work :laughing:

Hi,
Is something wrong with the server, or is this on my end only?!?:
http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/,
it does not show the usual World Map with the tiles to be checked, and to download,
see below the screenshot:

P.S.: Or is there a limit or something like that?

You’re using Firefox which I’ve also used to develop the site. Your screenshot is not normal behavior (there should indeed be a slippy map visible).

Can you force-refresh the page (ctrl-F5) or clear your browser cache and reload the page again?

Congratulations Lambertus! I have spread the news on a few forums :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks ligfietser, and congratulations (and thanks!) to you too! :sunglasses:

The new site is a big improvement in usability!

One minor thing though, there is small hole when I preselect Germany, near Chemnitz.

That is the area where we will be going on holiday next month. Obviously I can manually select that tile, but I don’t need it right now so I won’t request it to keep the server happy :wink:

Thanks Lambertus, ctrl-F5 has worked… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yes, strange that the country/tile matching algorithm is missing that tile, but the algorithm is quite complex and I don’t really feel like debugging at the moment :expressionless: Luckily the manual selection works fine :wink:

Don’t worry about the server, it’s doing fine right now. Besides, the Germany map with the Chemnitz tile added is already available on the server.

Hey Lambertus, Congratulations on the new website. It works even better then the old one. Nice.

It does however does not have the latest OSM data yet. I added information 5 days ago that shows on the OSM site, but does not download yet thru openstreetmap.nl. Just curious, what can I expect for data updates.

Also saw the post for JaVaWa. That is a nice addition to my tools. Also very nice to get past the data set renaming issue.

KP

Thanks, KPost. The age of the data is shown below the map. In this case the data is from June 20th (well, actually, to be safe substract a day, so June 19th). A new update is started tomorrow when things have calmed down a bit.

BTW: the server is in throttling mode because the disk is full. About 500 (oops) 300 maps have been created (and many more downloaded) since yesterday evening. You guys are beasts :smiley:

Hope those beasts also noticed the new donation button! :roll_eyes: