Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

Did you accept the license change?

While Lambertus released a new map update June 11, the data is from May 8. So if your edits were after May 8 they won’t show yet.

Thanks for the info Jonathanpatt.

Any idea when more recent maps will be available?

Dear Lambertus,

First of all a well earned ‘Thanks a lot’ and if I read this forum not only from my side.
As the summer holidays are nearing, an update of my GPS maps is on my to do list.
Using the same procedure as always i.e. downloading the tiles (generic_tiles.zip) for some countries and combining them with GMapTool, gives me now a ‘hole’ for Paris.
It seems that for one or another reason tiles FR_Paris (63241924) and FR_Creteil (63242648) are left out, even if I use generic_windows.exe as a test.
Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

A new update is available using an updated planet from June 15th. (the openfietsmap_lite map is still updating but should become available somewhere today)

Yes, I finally managed to tease out which of the Osmosis’ gazillion options I needed to maintain a locally updated planet using the redaction changesets. I also tried the osmupdate tool, but somehow Splitter doesn’t like the resulting planet file.

I just requested the whole of France and will see if I can reproduce the missing tile problem (I guess this is a problem on your side, caching perhaps, and not of the server).

Lambertus - Have just tried to download modified UK map selection from the new update but there does not seem to be a way to request the download. The previous area to enter ones email address seems to be missing. I know you don’t like it, but I’m using IE8 which is slow but normally works.

Ok, this is because I added some console.log statements to the JavaScript code to help in debugging, but IE doesn’t declare a ‘console’ object when the ‘Developer Tools’ aren’t active and thus stops Javascript execution (one of those irritating things about IE), ofcourse Firefox and Chrome don’t have any problems with that…

Anyway, the statements are disabled so now you should see the email box or download link (tested in IE9 which is much quicker in Javascript, so you should consider upgrading IE8 to IE9).

Crap :rage:

The tile numbers and their locations are f*cked up at least for the two missing tiles in Paris. They are matched to a US and Peruvian tile. I don’t know why at the moment.

Edit: there are two tiles named 63242648, one in Peru and one in France. The Peruvian tile overwrote the France tile but the France tile got listed first, so the intermediate cause is known. However, why it is possible to have two tiles with the same number is still a mystery to me.

I have been changing FIDs for some time to install several map sets. However, today JaVaWa GMTK messed up my registry in a minor way: I now have an extra entry called ‘Generic Routable’, not visible in GMTK, but it shows in MapsetToolkit with errors. When I went to install the next map set I was told that ‘Generic’ was already installed and I had to uninstall it. This I did, but it did nothing (the error entry remained).

It all works anyway and I removed the extra entry with MSTK, but it’s a little worrying…

For what it’s worth, I just downloaded Thailand + parts of Germany and it seems that all map tiles are there. :slight_smile:

Thank you Lambertus.

Lambertus,
The Mapnik typ file is still not included, is that correct?
I also noticed you switched the PID from 3 to 6 so bear in mind you have to change this in the typ file.
Or you can use .txt typ files instead of .typ then mkgmap will compile a matching typ file from it.
Please use http://mijndev.openstreetmap.nl/~ligfietser/diverse/mapnik.typ(r2160).zip for an updated typ file.

I also noticed that it is still an old map update, none of my recent edits are in there…

Thanks, I still have to look into the stylesheet thing.

Your missing edis are strange, because I’m nearly 100% certain that this update used the updated planet, but I did a lot of things manually for this update so it is remotely possible I somehow used the old planet. Otherwise my updated planet isn’t updated at all…

Already a thank you for looking into it.

I only checked it for Greece, roads that I entered end of May are not in your updates. :confused:

Seems the same for me as well, the latest update’s data appears to be the same as the update from a few days back, for southeastern Arizona at least. Trails I added/edited May 17 are there, but not ones added May 19 and beyond.

This is double strange. The source planet is May 8th, is updated to June 16th in one run and it contains changes from the 17th but not from the 19th of May? That is sooo confusing. Bah. The planet should either update or not, not something in between :frowning:

My changes are visible up to the evening of 19/5 NZT, that’s the morning of the 20th your time. However, even after clearing the cache (Ctrl-G twice) it took a lot of opening and closing of files for any changes to become visible. MS is weird.

Seems to be more widespread??? I recently downloaded a UAE / GCC image file from another site which was updated from June data which also is missing updates from arround the middle of May???

Ok, the source of this ‘problem’ is found: According to the state.txt file Osmosis updated the planet to May 20th only.

I probably need to run Osmosis a number of times to get a fully updated planet again, to catch up.

Confirmed. This is the result of the next update.

Edit: After running the update process a few times, the local planet copy now appears to be fully up to date. A new map update is started and will finish in about 1 to 2 days.

Which source did you use?