Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

Did you read the rest of the page too?

So my statement still stands, unless you also did:

So you may alter a oneway street from -1 to yes but only if you also turn the way around (reverse it).

Did you read the rest of the page too?

Yes!

And, in my example, the direction of the way in OSM is right! And in the downloaded map can be routed in both directions. Please look :http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/8014468/history

I cannot judge from the history if the way has also been reversed when you switched from yes to -1 and back to yes while also reversing the way. This is a pointless discussion. What I was trying to tell you that oneway=-1 is a valid value which implies the oneway direction is against the way direction as a response to you claiming that -1 is a tagging problem. I hope we agree on this. The rest is up to Mkgmap.

I was under the assumption that oneway=-1 would be supported by Mkgmap, which is apparently not the case, but will be very soon:

I will use this switch and mkgmap in the next map update.

Looks like the http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php page is broken. It has said “Map update in process” for over 12 hours.

Yes, unfortunately that’s true. The webserver serving the completed requests went down and now that is has come back it refuses to show the directory which contains the garmin maps. The maps are present though, so something is still wrong with the webserver. I don’t have admin access on that box so I have to wait until the tech staff of my hoster has time to fix it.

The South America is not present a week :frowning:

same problem here with the map
it is a time frame that it will be fix

thanks

ps
good work

The combined map server is back online and the maps are present again. It should be working fine now. Sorry for the troubles.

Hi Lambertus
Thanks a million for your site.
I have produced a map with tiles covering various areas in the USA and Canada, some areas show OK ( LA San Francisco) but others don’t (New York, Boston) do you have any idea as to why this is?
Rgds
Malcolm

It’s a known problem, but I’m lacking the time to fix it atm:
http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=3242

I noticed the map shown here → http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php has a date “Based on OpenStreetMap data from: 28-05-2009”.
This is not correct as it shows items aded after that date.
The downloaded files do seem to reflect that date, as the downloaded map is not updated.

How often is your server updated with the latest open Openstreetmap?
Any chance you can update the downloaded maps?

Thanks!

Chris

The map as shown on the website is the live map from OSM which is very up to date. The Garmin maps however are updates mostly once a week and the current version is based upon the planet dump from June 28th. Next update is scheduled in two weeks. I have no time to commence one earlier.

Hi there,

I really appreciate the maps, Lambertus–they’ve been very easy to use, and very accurate.

I’ve been trying to get a combined gmapsupp.img file created for Iowa & Wisconsin, but for some reason whenever I include both states, the tiles representing Wisconsin and the NE corner of Iowa end up blank. In particular, the tiles that appear blank (only when requested with tiles from Western Iowa) are 73240226, 73240228, 73240229, 73240230, 73240232, 73240233, 73240234, 73240235. Geographically, it is the tiles that represent the regions containing the cities of Minneapolis and Chicago that won’t appear when combined with other tiles.

I live and bicycle in SW Wisconsin (and surrounding areas), so I’d really like to be able to get a single map for my device that represents Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois.

Thanks again for this wonderful service, and thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

Hello Lambertus,

I 've seen that there are some red tiles (one in France some in Denmark) meaning that they are not available. Do you have an idea of of long it can be until it is fully available again?

I’ve updated the start post to contain the answers to these questions. I’m trying to get my new house ready for moving over, so all my OSM projects are on halt during this period.

good luck with the move…

I noticed that you have problems regarding the disk space. Isn’t it a good idea then to let the user choose when entering the e-mail address, which map format they want (MapSource, gmapsupp.img or RoadMap) so that only one map generation process is needed? I think most people only download one of the map formats…
This could be done for example by deleting the e-mail address input box at the home page, and creating a new page on which you can fill out your e-mail, and the map format you want. On the home page, there should be a Submit-button, which leads you to this new page.

Yes, stuff like this is on the todo list, together with configurable product id’s (so you can have more than one of my maps in MapSource) etc. There are also people offering disk space hosting but all those things require time which I don’t have at the moment.

Hi,

i am not sure but i am afraid “it is not a bug, it is a feature”:
I travel frequently and using your service i generated and downloaded map of my part of world (mid and northern Germany) and now as a preparation to my vacation trip, i generated and dowloaded a map of France and Spain, installed - and surprise: my previous mapset has diappeared!
It is really so that everytime i download and install maps from this server (even in different directory) only the newest will be available?
I have 2GB card in my Legend HCx - so there are no problems with having map of whole EU on it… But…
Or am i wrong?

Regards
GJ