Welcome to OSM India Forum

Welcome to the OpenStreetMap community forum for all the topics related to Indian mapping.

Please feel free to post your issues and points in this forum. I can be approached using this forum and email given in my id. I will try to reply asap based on my working schedule.

I have seen, Indian Map need more and more improvement to raise to standard equal to European Maps. Lets unite ourselves and try to create the best available map for India.

Good Luck,

Sandeep

Map Site: www.openstreetmap.org
Forum: forum.openstreetmap.org
Help: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features
How to draw: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Roof_modelling

Hello Sandeep,

thank You for Your job and all the best for the future! I hope, this forum could help to optimize the communication between OSM Users in India.

Best regards,
Marek

Hey gr8 initiative… I am a bit new to OSM editing… and currently editing area around Pune Maharashtra.

1 Like

Dear Rahul,

First of all, appreciating for your work and time for this.

OSM was without any India forum. Thanks to Mr. Marek and Mr. Lumbertus we now have one.

You know shape of India map is not idle. Lets spread about OSM around and try to have best map available for India.

Happy Mapping!!

• Sandeep

Hi, I realize this is an old thread, but I am new to OSM and was wondering if there is still any interest in helping me map India.

Best,
Barrett

Hello!
First of all, I apologize for my mistakes. I would like to upgrading the map. Mostly I draw missing roads and residental areas. My problem is I do not know the road types. I check others work but it is not uniform. road vs tertiary vs unclassified vs track etc. So someday somebody will have to set the road types.
Best regards
Zoli (from Hungary)

Hi All,

I have 3 years on OSM mapping in the JOSM tool currently working in India my main motto is to improve OSM in India.

Hi,
I am from Assam and I will update the map as much as I can.

Regards,
A

Hello,

I wanted to collect information on if there is a set mapping community in India especially in the regions of Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Darjeeling and Himachal Pradesh. I am writing a research proposal in which one of the topics is to increase OSM awareness. Before I start working on this, I would like to know if there is existing format and work going on.

Thank you.